ADVERTISEMENT

The foundation for future basketball success is solid.

WAR_GA

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2013
Thomasville, GA
I do not claim to know anything about basketball, plus I avoid posting anything controversial. This is my OPINION only, from attending games, watching all of the games I can't attend on TV, and watching all of the press conferences and player interviews.

1. Coach Oats is an unbelievable hire.

2. Coach Oats is a much closer copy of Coach Saban than most realize.

3. It is remarkable how he got a team that everyone viewed as entitled and lazy to buy in to his "Max Effort" culture.

4. He definitely is the Alpha Dog of the program and has earned the player's respect.

5. His recent comments on how he doesn't provide general, subjective opinions on team performance after a game but waits until he reviews all of his statistics and film to back up his perceptions with facts is a great approach. He doesn't TELL the players what to improve on, he SHOWS them.

6. The hard work he has put thus far in his career as a teacher will translate well as, similar to Coach Saban, he improves the players' potential to go to the next level and they realize this.

7. And, in my opinion, his ability to see the game, recognize weaknesses and mismatches, and make adjustments and corrections is way above average.

8. Finally, I have a feeling that as long as he is compensated fairly, he will be in Tuscaloosa a lot longer than most believe. The University, community, and city will play a huge role in where he chooses to plant his family.

Time will tell whether I'm right or totally off base, but I can say I've had more fun watching this team play than any in my memory.

Roll Tide!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News