ADVERTISEMENT

"The offense that gives AL fits..."

drhod

All American
Jan 19, 2007
I don't start threads much but this has gotten to me a bit. I realize it is true in a sense and I'm not making excuses but... The specific examples brought up are:
1) Cam Newton in '10 - we had him and that offense completely bottled up until the 2nd half with Barron playing with one arm. They beat us by one point.
2) Johnny Manziel - A) he did that to everybody, B) he had several throwing up prayers that happened to land. He was unreal. We still had a chance to win at the end in 2012 and did win in 2013. Now I know our offense had to run with them and it wasn't the D but we did what we had to to win
3) Josh Dobbs - we were tired coming up on a bye and playing an inspired, hungry team and still held them to 14 pts. Look at how many points they've put up since the
4) Chad Kelly - c'mon now, 5 turnovers, lucky pass off a helmet and a pass play where the linemen beat the WR downfield and STILL were within a TD of winning that game

I'm not taking anything away from those players and teams, they were/are great but we had a lot to overcome and still either won or played a close game. We had inferiors defenses against Manziel and Marshall. We never got blown out. Clemson may beat us but with the defense we have, I think we have a good chance of containing their offense. Even OU did for a half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News