ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the Loss Against San Diego St

I think both teams played horrible, but we played worse.
I absolutely agree we did play horrible and could not testify as to seeing SDS before but last night they played tough physical defense along with getting all the loose balls and they hit those mid range jumpers Bama does not seem to want to take opting to take the three. We blew one Golden Opportunity last night that will haunt Oats and Bama fans for a long time.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Alabama was up 9 with 11 minutes to go and it seemed like Alabama was going to run away with it. SDSU called a timeout and then went on a 12-0 to take a 3 point lead.
Funny how sometimes a timeout can be useful. The SDSU coach probably didn't have to take that when he did as they were already set for the under 12 official timeout. He took it anyway.

I know some think timeouts are a waste unless you just have to use one to get a sub in but it seems the really good coaches know when they need to get their guys off the court for a minute. Maybe its a butt chewing moment, maybe just a breather, and maybe the team just needs to talk to each other outside of live action and sort out what they're seeing.

For all the things that went wrong in the game the late game moment where we cut the lead to 2 and then fouled will stand out as the "when we lost this game" moment. We had 3 to use so call a quick timeout there and set up a defensive play. Point out "hey, they're killing us when we let that one player run around everyone getting screens, do this instead... and no fouls".

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Funny how sometimes a timeout can be useful. The SDSU coach probably didn't have to take that when he did as they were already set for the under 12 official timeout. He took it anyway.

I know some think timeouts are a waste unless you just have to use one to get a sub in but it seems the really good coaches know when they need to get their guys off the court for a minute. Maybe its a butt chewing moment, maybe just a breather, and maybe the team just needs to talk to each other outside of live action and sort out what they're seeing.

For all the things that went wrong in the game the late game moment where we cut the lead to 2 and then fouled will stand out as the "when we lost this game" moment. We had 3 to use so call a quick timeout there and set up a defensive play. Point out "hey, they're killing us when we let that one player run around everyone getting screens, do this instead... and no fouls".
Well said!

Reactions: TideFever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT