ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Three Alabama commits visiting elsewhere this weekend

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
With Alabama on the road this week, it's a rare quiet weekend in Tuscaloosa for visitors. Three of the Crimson Tide's 2025 commits will take visits elsewhere this weekend.

Caleb Cunningham will be at Mississippi State this weekend. He was in Tuscaloosa for the South Florida game and will be in attendance for Georgia. Cunningham told Tide Illustrated he remains fully committed to Alabama and he has a great relationship with wide receivers coach JaMarcus Shephard. Cunningham also detailed his thoughts on the recruiting process:

“God blessed me to be in this position, why not take other visits and enjoy it? I think it’s good to enjoy it and keep the relationship with coaches because they can still be with you in the future. I’m just blessed to be in this position to be recruited and be able to take visits. I love watching football. I definitely know where home is. I’m still locked in. I still have relationships with other coaches, I can't lie. One thing about me, I’m real genuine. I still got great relationships with other coaches but I’m still highly committed for sure."

Linebacker commit Duke Johnson will be at Florida State for its game against Memphis this weekend. The Seminoles were and early contender for Johnson's services but Johnson has affirmed his commitment to Alabama this offseason. He visited for the Western Kentucky game and will likely return for another trip this season.

Offensive lineman Michael Carroll will visit Miami with several of his IMG Academy teammates this weekend. Miami has come on strong here and Carroll recently told Rivals he is "Making sure I see everything before it's finalized." Alabama has done a good job here and Carroll has a strong relationship with offensive line coach Chris Kapilovic who has been one of the best recruiters on the trail this offseason. Miami and others are certainly still taking swings and we'll continue to monitor if Carroll sets up another gameday visits this fall.

Reactions: terp john
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.