ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 From The Weekend

kyle h

All American
Staff
Feb 3, 2005
Hendo’s Top 10 From The Weekend

Clouds blocked the sun, a homeless man said, “Hello Soldier”, a car stopped at a light and honked at me as I walked down Canal Street in New Orleans. Somewhere lost in a haze or trying not to step on a beer bottle, my mind was racing about A-Day coming up, the New Orleans Rivals Camp, and my body was trying to process the Rockefeller Oysters from The Oceania Bar and Grill. Overall, it has been a great trip in the Big Easy, love the feel, the music, food, and continue to fall further in love with the Southeast. Without further delay, it’s my second installment of my Top 10 from the Week/Weekend.

vt8cw8gtpumwgewid4dq

Oceania Grill - Oysters Rockefeller Style

ONE: Alabama Basketball Takeaways

Hat’s off to the Crimson Tide Basketball Team. Taking Kentucky down to the wire to lose 79-74 in the SEC Semifinals was not expected by many outside of the Roll Tide Nation. A 5 point loss in a game they were favored to lose by 10 should first silence any Avery Johnson critics and two, this loss should build continued fire and determination for the younger members of the roster. The Future is bright for Alabama Basketball and I do not say that as a sun-shine pumper. Avery Johnson and Co. return Riley Norris who caught fire at times, Lawson Schaffer a spark plug off the bench, Daniel Giddens at 6-foot-11, 236 pounds should be that big man they needed this year, Aver Johnson Jr. will return for his junior year, Dazon Ingram’s game is only going to improve, Ar’Mond Davis will be back, SEC All-Freshman Section Braxton Key returns, and new additions from the recruiting class include 5-Star Guard Collin Sexton, and three four-star commits. Alabama Basketball will not be dancing this year, but it’s hard to not look to the future with great optimism.

TWO: HOT 10 From The New Orleans Rivals Camp

1.Damone Clark - 6-foot-2, 215, Baton Rouge, LA - Rivals.com 3-Star - Committed to LSU

2. Terrance Marshall - 6-foot-4, 186, Bossier City, LA - Rivals.com 4-Star - Uncommitted

3. Leon O’Neal - 6-foot-2, 190 , Cypress Springs, TX - Rivals.com 4-Star - Uncommitted

4. Harold Joiner - 6-foot-3, 213, Mountain Brook, AL - Rivals.com 3-Star - Uncommitted

5. Justin Rogers - 6-foot-4, 200, Bossier City, LA - Rivals.com 4-Star - Uncommitted

6. Anthony Cook - 6-foot-1, 170, Houston, TX - Rivals.com 5-Star - Bama has offered

7. Glenn Beal - 6-foot-5, 245, River Ridge, LA - Rivals.com 3-Star - Uncommitted

8. Charles Moore - 6-foot-5, 252, Louisville, MS - Rivals.com NA - Uncommitted

9. Anthony Lewis - 6-foot-3, 210, Mobile, AL - Rivals.com 3-Star - Won the WR MVP

10. Corione Harris - 6-foot-1, 170, New Orleans, LA - Rivals.com 4-Star - Committed to Kansas

Alabama Targets Impress in Big Easy

New Orleans Video Recap

THREE: Women’s Softball Team

Since our staff has joined this amazing community on March 1st and we’ve been tracking the Softball team, this is what we’ve seen.

W - Jacksonville 10-0

W - Drake 6-1

W - Stanford 4-0

W - Drake 10-0

W - Jacksonville 7-0

W - Loyola-Chicago 5-0

W - Valparaiso 1-0

W - Arkansas 9-0

W - Arkansas 4-3

W - Arkansas 5-0
  • Alabama is 24-2 on the season
  • Alabama has outscored their last 10 opponents by a combined 61-4
  • Weekend Game Ball goes to Miss Chandler Dare who hit walk-off home run on Sunday against Arkansas in game two
  • Alabama is 3-0 in SEC Play
FOUR: The State of Alabama - A few things that have stood out since I moved here

1. First, thing people ask when talking with them is, “Where do you go to church.” Not a bad thing IMO.

2. Southern Hospitality is 4REAL. I sincerely believe that I’ve met some of the nicest people in Tuscaloosa. Mean that.

3. There is an overwhelming sense of pride for the University. I am not from a College Town, never lived in a big sports city, so to see a Rail Road crossing with the words, “Roll Tide” is quite awesome for me.

4. Food and Music are really good. Love being able to find live music weekly and also have enjoyed many of the local places in Tuscaloosa. Still have not found my BBQ place just yet.

5. Trees, Rain, and more water. Coming from Albuquerque where it never rains, has no trees, and no lakes, being in Alabama is awesome! I do miss the mountains and being able to look long down the long at the sunset but have found my love for the Lake, enjoy the thunderstorms, and the sheer size of the trees here is unreal. I am serious, these trees are massive. Haha. This probably sounds strange to you. Haha

6. Birmingham is cool, seems like it’s changing for the better. Enjoyed the downtown area and want to explore more. The Botanical Garden blew my mind.

7. College Students go hard. Wow, those parties on the weekends are something I am not accustomed to where I am from. I have not been to one of course, but those large black trash can bags they put up before a rager on the weekend stands out to me.

8. James Span, this man is incredible when it comes to weather. Hats off to him.

9. The new baseball stadium sure is beautiful and I had a great time there

10. Customer service around these parts is great. Went to put new tires on my truck and this wonderful gentleman literally spent an hour finding the exact tires I needed. Haha. Everyone, I mean everyone is cordial, says a lot about the culture.

FIVE: Funny and Oh My Goodnesssss

SIX: Alabama Football Depth Chart Questions

Depth Chart Projects Here

1. Who is the No. 3 Quarterback? Maybe it doesn’t matter, so sorry in advance

2. Who is the No. 1 Running Back? My goodness.

3. What are your thoughts on Cam Sims? Robert Foster or Jerry Jeudy? Ridley at the Slot?

4. Big drop off at the Tight End Position?

5. Bradly Bozeman one of the best in the Nation? Thoughts on the tackle positions?

6. Who will return kicks and Punts?

7. What are your thoughts on Raekwon Davis? How much will he play?

8. Will the Alabama Linebacking corps take a step back in terms of talent?

9. What corner back is going to rise up? How good is Tony Brown and Minkah Fitzpatrick?

10. What should we expect from the Alabama Kicking and Punting Game?

Thanks for your answers in advance

SEVEN: Past 10 Alabama Football Records - Just a refresher for you

2016 - 14-1 lost in the National Championship

2015 - 14-1 Win the National Championship

2014 - 12-2 - Lost in the Sugar Bowl

2013 - 11-2 - Lost in the Sugar Bowl

2012 - 13-1 - Won the National Championship

2011 - 12-1 Won the National Championship

2010 - 10-3 - Won the Capital One Bowl

2009 - 14-0 - Won the National Championship

2008 - 12-2 - Lost in the Sugar Bowl

2007 - 7-6 - Won Independence Bowl

EIGHT: My Alabama Draft Board

1. Jonathan Allen - DL

2. Reuben Foster - LB

3. OJ Howard - TE

4. Cam Robinson - OL

5. Dalvin Tomlinson - DL

6. Tim Williams - LB

7. Marlon Humphrey - DB

8. Ryan Anderson - LB

9. Eddie Jakson - DB

10. ArDarius Stewart - WR

NINE: Top Threads From The Week

1. By @Bama#15 The hidden gem..

2. By @Ducky Lee Give it up for Harper41

3. By @milso47 BASKETBALL--step by step

4. By @B419 New direction

5. By @Tony_Tsoukalas No. 1 signee Najee Harris reads to local kids in Tuscaloosa

6. By @205GoD I would like to welcome introduce myself to the new staff.

7. By @Harper41 Emotional night for Coach Avery

8. By @Andrew_Bone BONE: Stephen A. Smith

9. By @IgnatiusJacquesReilly OT: Best non-seafood restaurant in Gulf Shores?

10. By @jjerry Vitale

No. 10 Play of the Week
ujmhx50ga2wuowa0f4yf

Extra Point: Weekend Recaps and Scores
Sunday, March 12th - NIT Selection Show
Sunday, March 12th - Rivals Camp from New Orleans | Recap Here
Sunday, March 12th - BB vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff at 1PM | L 8-3
Sunday, March 12th - SB vs. Arkansas - W 4-3 | W 5-0
Saturday, March 11th - MBB vs. Kentucky at 12PM | L 79-74 | Recap
Friday, March 10th - MMB vs. South Carolina 2:25PM - W 64-53 | Recap | Harper
Friday, March 10th - BB vs Arkansas Pine Bluff 6PM | W 14-1 | DeVinny with 3 RBI's
Friday, March 10th - SB vs. Arkansas 630PM - W 9-0 | Hemphill with 4 RB's
Friday, March 10th - WGYM vs. Iowa State 730PM - W 197.100-196.600
Thursday, March 9th - BB vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff 6PM - W 6-5 | Recap
Thursday, March 9th - MBB vs. Miss State or LSU at 2:30PM - W Recap | Harper
Wednesday, March 8th - SB vs. Valparaiso 6PM - W 1-0, Littlejohn 13K's
Wednesday, March 8th - Pro-Day from Tuscaloosa - Saban talks, Recap Here
Tuesday, March 7th - BB vs. Troy 6PM (Cancelled)
Tuesday, March 7th - SB vs. Loyola-Chicago 6PM - W 5-0, Osorio records 18 strikeouts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News