ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Situation

rams1090

All American
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2007
Osprey, Fl
The NCAA better get out ahead of this before it gets way out of hand...what happened at Ole Piss was a legitimate reason for them to allow some kids to move on, as it was clear they were lied to about the investigation that was taking place...

Fast forward now to Justin Fields moving to Ohio State, for no other reason other than he doesn’t feel like competing with Jake Fromm again next year...I get that there was an incident where some idiot used a racial epitaph, but trying to make the case that he doesn’t feel safe is a stretch at best...his case looks even weaker given the fact that his sister is enrolled at Georgia and apparently comfortable...

Now comes Tate Martell to Miami, with an attorney already making statements that he believes there is enough there for him to become immediately eligible...the main thing he sites is the coaching change from Urban to Day...forget the fact that Day has been on the staff coaching Martell, that’s unimportant...I can only guess what else they will come up with as his reasons for wanting out of his commitment...maybe they’ll get a friend to testify he heard people in the stands saying his breath stinks or he breaks wind a lot, which is hurting him with the ladies...or maybe they’ll say he’s not real impressive in the shower, who knows...

The NCAA needs to allow these kids to transfer without reason IMO...limit it to going out of conference, and prohibit them from going to a school that’s on the upcoming schedule...with the rape and pillage of coaches that is now going on in college football, many of these kids are essentially being mislead...look at our situation and all of the coaches who recently completed recruiting our class and representing their excitement about coaching these kids, all the while knowing in the back of their mind they were about to look elsewhere for jobs...why is it OK for the coaches and not for the kids...I know the purists will come out of the woodwork saying the kid commits to a school and not a coach...yeah right, I’m sure these kids from Jersey and California have always dreamt of going to Alabama, it has nothing to do with playing for Coach Saban...they need to fix this and fast, as they have set themselves up to be sued by the 1st kid that is denied the right to play after telling their sob story!

Thoughts on this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News