ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday's Last Stand

BBALLSTAN

All Conference
Aug 15, 2006
I posted yesterday about my history as a long suffering basketball season ticket holder. Tuesday's game is so important to the program that we as fans need to try to make a difference, despite the apparent lack of some urgency and effort on our team's part. If we win tomorrow night, we are in the tournament. Lose and we aren't.
Getting in the tournament means so much to recruiting and gaining momentum for the years to come.
I understand the anger and disappointment of so many years of heartbreak better than most, but I want to say, I did all I could do to will this team to a victory and a spot in the tournament.
I will be there yelling and probably cussing a lot tomorrow (not sitting on my hands)
I am asking all our true basketball fans to be there and be loud tomorrow night and if you have connections with players or students to let them know the program needs them tomorrow night.
Like I said yesterday, the true basketball fans probably care more than some of the players, but I truly believe this is more important than a single game. I think it will define our basketball program for the next couple of years.
So, despite the tears and cussing and fits that I have had over the past few years, I will do all that I can do to will this team to a win against Florida. I realize that there are many more important things in the world going on, but to a die hard Alabama Basketball fan tomorrow night in Coleman is important.
I hope that I am not the only one that feels this way despite the anger, frustrations, and heartbreaks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News