ADVERTISEMENT

Turnovers

Oats will never win at consistently a high level unless he stops the turnovers. Your thoughts?
I think this style is always going to generate more turnovers due to the pace of play. Lots of stupid plays this season. It's one thing to get picked by a good defender but sailing the ball crosscourt on telegraphed passes, dribbling into traffic, etc. is just terrible basketball.

The more possessions you have, the more turnovers you’ll have on average.
The faster you’re running with the ball and making decisions while doing it, the more you’ll turn it over.
Turnovers will always happen in basketball. But this system will just create more in general.

Reactions: therealsquid
In Oats' post game press conference, he said "Our turnovers were good enough to win. We just missed too many layups and only got to the free throw line 7 times." It is mind-boggling to me that he accepts stupid turnovers. We are just giving the other team points with lazy passes and dribbling into crowds. It seems that no coach would put up with that.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
In Oats' post game press conference, he said "Our turnovers were good enough to win. We just missed too many layups and only got to the free throw line 7 times." It is mind-boggling to me that he accepts stupid turnovers. We are just giving the other team points with lazy passes and dribbling into crowds. It seems that no coach would put up with that.
Agreed. The lazy passes, missed layups, and dribbling into crowds represents the core of the team's problems. When JD attempted to toss Rojas a lob pass, a person who was attempting to play with one leg and with little to no hops when healthy, that further downgraded his decision-making ability.

Reactions: RollTide15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT