ADVERTISEMENT

Turnovers

aggietider

All American
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2012
I know Oats harps on turnovers and I’ve read on here about us having some many at like 14. But I don’t understand those expectations. I expect 4-5 just because of the way we run our halfcourt offense standing around watching the ball. I expect at least 2-3 just trying to get the ball inbounds. And then you have to have at least 4-5 just trying to play at a break neck pace. That’s going to create turnovers at times and it adds possessions and the more you possess the ball, the more you turn it over. I really think anything about 15 and under is decent these days, especially with how we play.

Reactions: bet9
I understand what your saying. The problem is we just throw it away when we are trying to pass the ball with folks standing around
It’s harder when everybody is just standing around because the next pass isn’t open because it’s being denied and the help is just standing there ready. The worst thing to me is that the help is always just standing there ready. They never have to wonder where their guy is bc he isn’t going anywhere.

Reactions: xcop
I know Oats harps on turnovers and I’ve read on here about us having some many at like 14. But I don’t understand those expectations. I expect 4-5 just because of the way we run our halfcourt offense standing around watching the ball. I expect at least 2-3 just trying to get the ball inbounds. And then you have to have at least 4-5 just trying to play at a break neck pace. That’s going to create turnovers at times and it adds possessions and the more you possess the ball, the more you turn it over. I really think anything about 15 and under is decent these days, especially with how we play.
We had 16 in the first half against Houston and we were down big. We had 5 in the second half and outscored Houston 42-21 down the stretch. Turnovers matter. We do not value the basketball and eventually it will cost us a game or two. But we have overcome the turnovers thus far and its an exciting young team so I'll take this product over the one was had pre-Oats any day. Just have to cringe now and then. Roll Tide.

We had 16 in the first half against Houston and we were down big. We had 5 in the second half and outscored Houston 42-21 down the stretch. Turnovers matter. We do not value the basketball and eventually it will cost us a game or two. But we have overcome the turnovers thus far and its an exciting young team so I'll take this product over the one was had pre-Oats any day. Just have to cringe now and then. Roll Tide.
Pretty sure we only had 15 the entire game against Houston. Something like 12 in the 1st and 3 in the second. Which I’d take every game. My point isn’t that turnovers don’t matter. It’s that the way we play, we are going to turn it over.

Reactions: bet9
I understand what your saying. The problem is we just throw it away when we are trying to pass the ball with folks standing around
You are correct, the unforced turnovers are the killers that piss me off. Dribbling the ball off your foot out of bounds is the one drives me crazy.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

It’s the elementary turnovers that piss me off. Gurley and JQ are half our turnovers just dribbling into 4 defenders when they have no reason too.

And that has nothing to do with playing at a fast pace.

Reactions: GOBAMA100
We had 4 travels in the 1st half in the last game.
Un able to in bound ball on consistance basics since Oats has been coach,maybe he needs to check with ark. Coach,who we could have hired in stead.AD made this call as well extending Avery contract that cost school 5 million to get out of?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT