ADVERTISEMENT

Two potential transfers to watch

It's not racist, just something that can be observed. Let's everyone see things for what they actually are. Would it seem odd if Alabama never recruited or played black players? Would it be concerning or at minimum just odd that the few black players you had on the team were only practice guys? Would it add to the oddness if the all white team at Alabama was bested by most of the teams that put on the court a more diverse team that included black players as well? Flip it and that's what reality is for our team. And has been. We flat out need better players and I don't care what that means about their color. I do know that white players often lack some athletic abilities that are hard to make up for on the basketball court. However, the ones that can play can really play and they're often GREAT shooters, which in case ya'll haven't noticed, we need.
Racism has been completely re- defined in the last couple of years. If somebody says it’s racist then it is/ even if it is not remotely.
I just want good players at Alabama. And there are plenty of both races that are good enough to play in Tuscaloosa.

Racism has been completely re- defined in the last couple of years. If somebody says it’s racist then it is/ even if it is not remotely.
I just want good players at Alabama. And there are plenty of both races that are good enough to play in Tuscaloosa.

But why does race matter if the goal is getting the best players available?

I agree that racism has be redefined. However, that post fits the classical definition. Can’t even believe there are actual humans with these thoughts in 2022

Jesus, this has made Twitter. 🤦🏻‍♂️
How?

LOL did someone get supremely rustled and cut and paste to a broader social media as their farewell shot to the board? Or was TIGER just really desperate for a laugh?

And wtf, why resurrect this thread at all? It should have been locked and slid onto the strip where it mysteriously vanishes in a few weeks.

If there was ever a statement that missed the mark entirely and IS the problem it's this. This thought pattern would indicate that we don't look for the best players because we already know they're certainly not white. Josh Magette was pretty good. So you know him? Probably not. He's just an NBA guy that played at uah. Not Bama material. Oh. The Davidson team says hello. I'm sure they feel really lucky since they are naturally bad at basketball. Some Ryan guy for notre dame. How the hell could he go for 29 in a high level ncaa tourney game? Disappointing take.

I'm not saying the cupboard is full of great white basketball players. I am saying our outside shooting lacks consistency. And I'm definitely saying there are white guys that can do it. They don't dunk. They SHOOT.
Magette can definitely dunk… you know, there is a prototype basketball player that is ready for the nba, then there is a player like Josh that was player of the year in Alabama that didn’t fit that mold. He was so stinking good in high school…and future nba player.

Just get players that can combine all of the checkmates of a good basketball player: triple threat, good shooting form, athletic , long, hustles and believes in playing defense

I don’t care what color they are…

if white guys can’t play, then the guys from Europe/ former Soviet Union / etc sure as hell got the scouts fooled…

if white guys can’t play, then the guys from Europe/ former Soviet Union / etc sure as hell got the scouts fooled…
Nobody said no white guys can't play. But they are not the predominantly best players year in and year out. And we only recruit European players when they fit our system. I'm pretty sure Hodgson keeps his eyes open there. So we recruit who we recruit.

Nobody said no white guys can't play. But they are not the predominantly best players year in and year out. And we only recruit European players when they fit our system. I'm pretty sure Hodgson keeps his eyes open there. So we recruit who we recruit.
Hmmm… I am not offended by the argument but this quote from a poster does infer that , “I do know that white players often lack some athletic abilities that are hard to make up for on the basketball court”

Hmmm… I am not offended by the argument but this quote from a poster does infer that , “I do know that white players often lack some athletic abilities that are hard to make up for on the basketball court”
Don't know who said that. I'm simply stating statistical evidence. The predominantly best players coming out of HS each year are NOT white. There are good white players and if one fits our system, I hope we recruit him. But if they don't fit what we do, we don't need to be recruiting them. There are a lot of non-white players we don't recruit either. It's all about what we do and who fits.

This thread
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT