ADVERTISEMENT

Tylor Perry to visit Alabama

Tyler Perry Madea GIF

Muss has taken the hogs to 2 elite eight's and 1 sweet sixteen in the last 3 seasons. You may not like him (many don't) but the man can coach and recruit.
I agree. I love what coach Oats has brought to the program, but there aren’t too many people who wouldn’t be happy with what Muss has brought to the table if he were here. Shoot, in just the last two seasons, he has taken a program that was no better off than ours when he got there to twice as many elite 8’s as our program has in its history.

I agree. I love what coach Oats has brought to the program, but there aren’t too many people who wouldn’t be happy with what Muss has brought to the table if he were here. Shoot, in just the last two seasons, he has taken a program that was no better off than ours when he got there to twice as many elite 8’s as our program has in its history.
Muss can recruit and coach. However, the last three seasons he has had better talent then us. This year we had comparable talent, maybe slight better than him. We better coached. They just did better in tourney. We have a great coach and recruiter. Muss just has a better tourney resume. However, tourney don’t matter if you don’t hang a banner. We hung a banner 2 out of those three years for SEC and SEC Tourney Champs. How many banners Muss hung? We are just fine.

If you actually know HOW he recruits youd think differently. Also, he’s more theatrics and letting checks be written than actually recruiting.

If you want to compare their tournament resume, then why? He won 1 more game than Alabama in two years? There’s a reason his teams never hit their potential in the regular season. Nate has brought four Championships to Tuscaloosa to Musselman bringing in 0.

I’m not a fan of Muss as you can tell.

If you actually know HOW he recruits youd think differently. Also, he’s more theatrics and letting checks be written than actually recruiting.

If you want to compare their tournament resume, then why? He won 1 more game than Alabama in two years? There’s a reason his teams never hit their potential in the regular season. Nate has brought four Championships to Tuscaloosa to Musselman bringing in 0.

Well, I did say checks are being written in Fayetteville. And have been since he has been there.

Reactions: bet9
I think Arkansas has built the program over the years and nurtured the culture for their program more than Bama has prior to Nate Oats arrival. They had 40 minutes of hell while we had 40 minutes in hell. So I do think they have more overall support for their basketball programming $$. I think Oates is gaining more boosters, but it takes time and winning games.

I think Arkansas has built the program over the years and nurtured the culture for their program more than Bama has prior to Nate Oats arrival. They had 40 minutes of hell while we had 40 minutes in hell. So I do think they have more overall support for their basketball programming $$. I think Oates is gaining more boosters, but it takes time and winning games.
Yep.Lived in Little Rock for 9 years ( the 90’s) and I can assure you basketball is far more important to the masses than it is here in Alabama. No comparison actually.

Father n law was booster for years. Hoops is on a par with football in that state.

Reactions: bet9 and winin11
There is no question Muss is an excellent basketball coach. l wouldn't take him over Oates, but to say it would be a terrible mistake to have hired him would probably be incorrect.
Agree. Pearl would also have been an upgrade in some aspects. Both love to take their shirts off. We are blessed that we did better.

That angry Little Hobbit is a pile of steaming 💩

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT