ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Updated SEC Standings (February 2nd, 2022)

I think we can finish 11-7. 10-8 maybe more likely
We have already lost 5 and still have to play Kentucky twice. I don't see us winning either of those games. We also still have to go to red stick to face LSU. Only 2 of our 9 remaining conference games are against teams that are currently below us in the standings. I think it'll take a miracle for us to go 10-8.

Reactions: Codie B
Looking at the schedule with 9 games left, I think that a 7-2 finish would be awesome and is possible. Anything worse than 6-3 would be a disaster in my opinion.

We have already lost 5 and still have to play Kentucky twice. I don't see us winning either of those games. We also still have to go to red stick to face LSU. Only 2 of our 9 remaining conference games are against teams that are currently below us in the standings. I think it'll take a miracle for us to go 10-8.
We’ll lose 1 or both to Kentucky, and likely lose at lsu. I think we can win the rest IF this team has turned that corner mentally

Anyone have any faith Bama can win a single remaining road game? Have lost 4 in a row and now even at Vandy and Ole Miss may be toss ups at this point. Bad year to play Kentucky and the Barn twice. ( I know/ Bama always plays Auburn twice).

The loss at Georgia is still awful/ Dawgs could very well go 1-17 in conference.

Looking at the schedule, I’ve got us at 21-9 to end the season. I think with our new found intensity we take care of business against the middle of the pack teams the rest of the way.

Looking at the schedule, I’ve got us at 21-9 to end the season. I think with our new found intensity we take care of business against the middle of the pack teams the rest of the way.
I'd love to share your optimism, but I think 19-12 is probably our ceiling. I just don't see us beating Kentucky either time, Arkansas has righted their ship after an 0-3 start in conference play, and we have to go on the road to play an LSU team that we just barely beat when they were missing their starting backcourt. That doesn't even include a rematch with Mississippi State, who has already beaten us once. Plus, if the Missouri and Georgia losses taught us anything, it's that we can't even take games against bottom feeders for granted. We'll probably have at least one more inexplicable loss.

Few things:

1. We get Miss St and Arkansas at home. Should both be wins. Miss st beat us in a close game at their place.

2. LSU was not missing their back court. They were missing one guard, Pinson, who has been underwhelming.

3. I predict we take one of the next two: UK at home or Ole Miss on the road. Kentucky is more than capable of laying an egg and if both teams are playing well I give us a slight advantage.

Reactions: pfaud001
Few things:

1. We get Miss St and Arkansas at home. Should both be wins. Miss st beat us in a close game at their place.

2. LSU was not missing their back court. They were missing one guard, Pinson, who has been underwhelming.

3. I predict we take one of the next two: UK at home or Ole Miss on the road. Kentucky is more than capable of laying an egg and if both teams are playing well I give us a slight advantage.
Darius Days was injured in the first half when we played LSU, so they were indeed missing their starting back court for the majority of the game.

Darius Days was injured in the first half when we played LSU, so they were indeed missing their starting back court for the majority of the game.
Very true. I’d forgotten about the Days injury. I still predict we extend the streak to 6 in Baton Rouge

Reactions: OatsMeal
You play the basketball negative what if more than any one on here.

We also lost Gary who is our Darius Days. I keep hearing about teams missing players against us but we are one of the most banged up teams in the country. Someone is out every game and we have a key guy out for the season

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT