ADVERTISEMENT

*** VANDY GAME THREAD

The in-game posting was amazing tonight…it was like we had 5 or 6 different games going on that people were watching. #Amazing

Glad to get the win…not beautiful, but an ugly road win is still better than a pretty road loss. #RTR

We will score 45 this half and they score 50. Regardless of the outcome tonight or the next few games this team isn’t going anywhere in the tourny. Can’t win unless we shoot above average from 3. That’s literally every team in the NCAA though they’ll win when they shoot above average from 3. Team is bottom 5 teams in the SEC if not bottom 3 when the 3’s aren’t falling. Scary part is there’s literally no one coming off the bench that I look forward to seeing play next year
50?/ you were incorrect.

@G.O.A.T-23 has been talking about this for a while and I think it is a legitimate damn question. When you have a guy like Ellis that leads the SEC from the free throw line coming into this game hitting at 88% can someone remotely come up with a reason why we put him behind the mid court line when the ball is being inbounded from underneath the goal?

I also agree with RammerJammer210 that CNO definitely has the program rolling in the right direction!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!

I just finished the game. So Oats sat JQ that long to start the game bc of his defense? JD isn’t exactly locking down the guy…and he has to turn it over more than JQ. Turnovers make playing defense really hard.
Oats literally shot the whole if you don’t play defense thing starting JD and playing him that long.

Reactions: rsaxoniii
Turnovers make playing defense really hard.

As a team, we had a .72% Assist to Turnover ratio last night.

Our top 3 ball handlers had the same ratio .72%

Our two point guards had a .62% ratio.

That is MIDDLE SCHOOL caliber ball security.

@G.O.A.T-23 has been talking about this for a while and I think it is a legitimate damn question. When you have a guy like Ellis that leads the SEC from the free throw line coming into this game hitting at 88% can someone remotely come up with a reason why we put him behind the mid court line when the ball is being inbounded from underneath the goal?

I also agree with RammerJammer210 that CNO definitely has the program rolling in the right direction!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!
It baffles me that this is often the strategy at the end of games. Especially for a coach who is so big on analysis, seeing you is your best FT shooter and getting them the ball in clutch situation is something that doesn't take much time to figure out.

When Bama wins it's not a big deal to many here but it will cost Bama a really meaningful game. My head will explode if it cost Bama a chance to move on in the Tourney...

Reactions: budog
That was exhausting... I mean I'm wiped and I didn't even turn the ball over once. I'll give the guys credit they found a way to hang on in a strange place to play. Bama fans showed up and were pretty loud, nice to see. I get the whole better defense thing, but we can't win without JQ on the floor. If he's giving max effort and just isn't great we may have to deal with it. Apologize for my negativity last night, but man this team can do it to you. Lets find a way to get up to 20 wins and do some damage in SEC tournament.

Reactions: BamaLegacy
JD had a bad start to the game but settled down later and made significant contributions. He won the hard hat. JQ was sent a message in the first half and he too responded., by harassing their point man then creating offense for the team. I didn’t see anyone loafing all night. Gotta clean up the fouls though.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
That was exhausting... I mean I'm wiped and I didn't even turn the ball over once. I'll give the guys credit they found a way to hang on in a strange place to play. Bama fans showed up and were pretty loud, nice to see. I get the whole better defense thing, but we can't win without JQ on the floor. If he's giving max effort and just isn't great we may have to deal with it. Apologize for my negativity last night, but man this team can do it to you. Lets find a way to get up to 20 wins and do some damage in SEC tournament.
In my opinion Q’s defense is better than JD. And you’re subtracting about 5 inevitable turnovers

JD had a bad start to the game but settled down later and made significant contributions. He won the hard hat. JQ was sent a message in the first half and he too responded., by harassing their point man then creating offense for the team. I didn’t see anyone loafing all night. Gotta clean up the fouls though.
He was also co-mvp of the game for Vandy with Pippen Jr. There's no excuse for JD getting that many minutes over JQ at the point, and I don't care how bad Q is on defense. And I don't know what film the coach is watching but JD isn't much better on defense than Q. About the only significant advantage JD has over JQ is rebounding.

Any time JD touches the ball in the second half he should just save us the suspense and punt the moth#$f<&ke@ to Murfreesboro.
I did not get the chance to watch last night. A fella can get a grasp on how things played out by reading the board. By watching JD all year, this comment really slayed me!! I can actually hear myself saying the exact same thing.

Not trying to knock JD, but 78 TO's, and most of them unforced. He just has me SMH.
I only hope he can get it together and settle down next year. He did have a good night rebounding though.

JD will thrill ya one minute and kill ya the next. He will take off dribbling the ball with no idea what he intends to do, which more often than not, results in a TO, or he will jump in the air to pass without checking to see if the man is open. Usually the man is open... only problem is he's on the other team! He is one hell of a rebounder though.

Reactions: budog
It baffles me that this is often the strategy at the end of games. Especially for a coach who is so big on analysis, seeing you is your best FT shooter and getting them the ball in clutch situation is something that doesn't take much time to figure out.

When Bama wins it's not a big deal to many here but it will cost Bama a really meaningful game. My head will explode if it cost Bama a chance to move on in the Tourney...
I love Herb. But this is about like with the game on the line last year putting the ball in Herbs hands instead of JQ.

JD will thrill ya one minute and kill ya the next. He will take off dribbling the ball with no idea what he intends to do, which more often than not, results in a TO, or he will jump in the air to pass without checking to see if the man is open. Usually the man is open... only problem is he's on the other team! He is one hell of a rebounder though.
You talking about him being a great rebounder made me think of watching him in high school. He played around the basket his fair share in high school and when I watched, that’s where he really wore them out. Especially offensive rebounding, then being way much of a man for a 2a kid to handle around the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT