jase richardson 9-2-23
tyler betsey 9-8-23
kon knueppel 9-8-23
tre johnson 9-15-23
boogie fland 9-22-23
jalil bethea 9-23-23
billt richmond 10-12-23
vj edgecombe 11-4-23
Probably a good time to bring some of these guys in on football Saturday. A lot of excitement on campus. 9/8 l think is the Texas game weekend. Thank you Mr.4.

Probably a good time to bring some of these guys in on football Saturday. A lot of excitement on campus. 9/8 l think is the Texas game weekend. Thank you Mr.4.
Good call, the 8th is a Friday and we beat Texas on Saturday.
I know that many of our fans will give standing ovations to football recruits at the games, I wish more of our students knew what the basketball recruits looked like so they could do the same for them.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

jase richardson 9-2-23
tyler betsey 9-8-23
kon knueppel 9-8-23
tre johnson 9-15-23
boogie fland 9-22-23
jalil bethea 9-23-23
billt richmond 10-12-23
vj edgecombe 11-4-23
If you had to pick two of these guys that you were most confident in us landing who would they be? I really felt like we had a big time shot of landing Cam Scott before things got sideways.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

If you had to pick two of these guys that you were most confident in us landing who would they be? I really felt like we had a big time shot of landing Cam Scott before things got sideways.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
From that list, I think Bethea is the one we seem to be in the best position with at the moment. We're obviously in the mix with the others, but I'm not sure we are the clear leader for any of them. That's my concern. It's great to be getting interest from blue chippers, but we need to reel some of them in. We're less than 3 months away from signing day and don't have a single commitment yet. I was really hoping that Sherrell would help to jump start this class. Hopefully we can still land him. The guys on the visit list are all perimeter players, so we need at least one big. Sherrell or Newell (or both) would be great.

From that list, I think Bethea is the one we seem to be in the best position with at the moment. We're obviously in the mix with the others, but I'm not sure we are the clear leader for any of them. That's my concern. It's great to be getting interest from blue chippers, but we need to reel some of them in. We're less than 3 months away from signing day and don't have a single commitment yet. I was really hoping that Sherrell would help to jump start this class. Hopefully we can still land him. The guys on the visit list are all perimeter players, so we need at least one big. Sherrell or Newell (or both) would be great.
good post jtr4, this time of year is gut wrenching when it comes to bball recruiting. I just have to trust that CNO does everything he can to get who he likes.
btw its wrenching for guys like us and the players.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
While we know NIL can cause surprises, Nate has proven to me that he will find a way to build the roster. He really has been exceptional.

Like everyone else, I think, I yearn for the days when players stayed at a school long enough for us to remember what they did last season and the season before. I also yearn for the return of the basketball board. The number of clicks on here tells me I’m not alone.

There is no turning back the clock on the NIL/transfers. I agree it makes it hard to keep up with past and current players.
I wish they would now do it like baseball, though than you have to sit out a year if you transfer to another D1 college. Get drafted right out of HS to the G league, or have to stay 3 years. They can have binding NIL contracts still, though there needs to be some structure to it from the NCAA. I yearn for the good old days, but unfortunately they are gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT