ADVERTISEMENT

Where does Oats go for a backup big.

Will see how good a recruiter the new coach is-when will coach Oats and staff nab an Eastern European like Jokic? Ha-in our dreams.

Reactions: bet9
Pringle will not be starting. If he is, then this team is in trouble imo. Pringle is nothing more than a high energy bench guy
I don't know about that. He is fast and can rebound. His defense is his worst part. If we can find a good sized 4 to help with rebounding and defense, I think he will be fine starting.

Last edited:
We don’t need to look far for backups, just right there on the current roster.

I don't know about that. He is fast and can rebound. His defense is his worst part. If we can find a good sized 4 to help with rebounding and defense, I think he will be fine starting.
Got 6'9" freshman wing in Sam Walters, and with his ball skills, he can handle the 3 spot as well.
I know he's a first year guy but hearing good things about him.

He’s flourished in his time off the bench, but cannot stay on the floor long due to his foul trouble. He would only be able to play 15-20 min a game unless he vastly improved in that area. All I’m saying is Alabama would be in trouble in terms of supplementing the depth at that spot with his foul trouble

Without another quality big I think we’re going to be a middle of the SEC pack team. About 60 years ago I filled in briefly for a junior high coach while he recovered from an illness. We were undefeated in his absence. Of course, they were also undefeated before and after my tenure. Anyway, that’s my single credential so take my opinion for what it’s worth.

He’s flourished in his time off the bench, but cannot stay on the floor long due to his foul trouble. He would only be able to play 15-20 min a game unless he vastly improved in that area. All I’m saying is Alabama would be in trouble in terms of supplementing the depth at that spot with his foul trouble
I don’t disagree, but Chuck’s freshman year was similar. I know Pringle isn’t a freshman, but it was his first year in the system

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT