ADVERTISEMENT

Who likes Jimmy Dykes?

TideFanatic

All American
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2007
I get a little frustrated when he says “Alabama has already proven they’re better than Houston”. It’s like he is trying to give Houston Bulleti board material. It was ONE game. If Bama‘s shooting is off, we can lose as we’ve already seen against Oklahoma.

Reactions: Bama 28
I am a big fan of Jimmy Dykes, he played the game under Eddie Sutton and he does a great job (IMO) calling the game. I also love how he occasionally calls Bama Roll Tide.

This will surprise many that know my hatred for the cow college, but one of my favorites is X-boog Daymeon Fishback. Very fair with his criticism and loves good basketball not to mention he is a super nice guy.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

I am a big fan of Jimmy Dykes, he played the game under Eddie Sutton and he does a great job (IMO) calling the game. I also love how he occasionally calls Bama Roll Tide.

This will surprise many that know my hatred for the cow college, but one of my favorites is X-boog Daymeon Fishback. Very fair with his criticism and loves good basketball not to mention he is a super nice guy.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
I think he does a good job EXCEPT for the roll tide business. It drives me nuts when he refers to alabama as roll tide.

I think he does a good job EXCEPT for the roll tide business. It drives me nuts when he refers to alabama as roll tide.
This. So much this. Well, the Roll Tide part anyway.

It shouldn't, and it's dumb that it does, but this absolutely rustles the shit out of me. "3 point shot by Roll Tide....Roll Tide with the slam....that's how Roll Tide plays... here comes Roll Tide again... Roll Tide on a roll" ... mindless idiot. I've begun calling him Jimmy 'Roll Tide' Dykes as a way to temper how much it steams my bp up.

He's also got a really weird grudge against Alabama. He won't spell it out but about every compliment somehow includes a backhanded cutdown of some sort.

He has a weird affection for Devo Davis of Ark. Such that I hope when we play Ark again Dykes is there and Miller has a GOAT single game performance and we put 120+ on the hogs. We likely won't as Smith will be back for Ark and it will possibly our hardest game before tournament play. And every single time Davis keeps Miller from scoring Dykes is going to remind us that Miller ain't really that good after all and she shoots the ball too low...smh.

He's made comments like after our Ark game up there "Some NBA scouts have messaged me confidentially that Brandon Miller is not on their board as a lottery pick. Cited low release on his shot and Devo Davis knowing he can guard Miller and, more importantly, Miller knowing Devo Davis can guard him as the 3 main reasons Miller could even fall out of first round altogether." Last night he made an oddly timed comment about Burnette to the effect of "people see him as a defender and he really isn't".

I get a little frustrated when he says “Alabama has already proven they’re better than Houston”. It’s like he is trying to give Houston Bulleti board material. It was ONE game. If Bama‘s shooting is off, we can lose as we’ve already seen against Oklahoma.
So , he makes a conscious decision to give bulletin board material to hurt bama. Crazy. I’m assuming you also think Gary Danielson hates bama.

This. So much this. Well, the Roll Tide part anyway.

It shouldn't, and it's dumb that it does, but this absolutely rustles the shit out of me. "3 point shot by Roll Tide....Roll Tide with the slam....that's how Roll Tide plays... here comes Roll Tide again... Roll Tide on a roll" ... mindless idiot. I've begun calling him Jimmy 'Roll Tide' Dykes as a way to temper how much it steams my bp up.

He's also got a really weird grudge against Alabama. He won't spell it out but about every compliment somehow includes a backhanded cutdown of some sort.

He has a weird affection for Devo Davis of Ark. Such that I hope when we play Ark again Dykes is there and Miller has a GOAT single game performance and we put 120+ on the hogs. We likely won't as Smith will be back for Ark and it will possibly our hardest game before tournament play. And every single time Davis keeps Miller from scoring Dykes is going to remind us that Miller ain't really that good after all and she shoots the ball too low...smh.

He's made comments like after our Ark game up there "Some NBA scouts have messaged me confidentially that Brandon Miller is not on their board as a lottery pick. Cited low release on his shot and Devo Davis knowing he can guard Miller and, more importantly, Miller knowing Devo Davis can guard him as the 3 main reasons Miller could even fall out of first round altogether." Last night he made an oddly timed comment about Burnette to the effect of "people see him as a defender and he really isn't".
You seem a little sensitive on the subject.

Reactions: TideFever

ROLL TIDE!!!!
I love Fishback. He is my favorite. I don’t care for dykes much

You seem a little sensitive on the subject.
I am a big fan of TideFever, but I agree with you. I went back and watched the replay from last night and he could not of been more complimentary of the Tide. I like a guy who does not give those same ole damned canned answers.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Reactions: lainey2020
I am a big fan of TideFever, but I agree with you. I went back and watched the replay from last night and he could not of been more complimentary of the Tide. I like a guy who does not give those same ole damned canned answers.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Off topic, but how much do you think we will be favored Saturday in West Ga.? Not much l don't expect. l talked to Pop this afternoon and he said 3 or 4. By the way he has a cold and has given it to me. He also said he enjoyed talking to you Tuesday morning.

Off topic, but how much do you think we will be favored Saturday in West Ga.? Not much l don't expect. l talked to Pop this afternoon and he said 3 or 4. By the way he has a cold and has given it to me. He also said he enjoyed talking to you Tuesday morning.
I believe it about that cold, I told him his cough was sounding rough. I think he is dead on about the line, I think Bama comes 3.5 in Auburn and when they make the return trip to Tuscaloosa I look for Bama to be around 9.5.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Reactions: lainey2020

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Agree on all fronts! He getsxa little too much w/the cool/hot phrases occaisionally but I think hes very good

ROLL TIDE!!!!
I like him as well. I think Fish does a great job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT