ADVERTISEMENT

Who's to blame for basketball issues?

Who’s to blame when situations degenerate!

Party gone out of bounds by the B 52s

It’s possible. I just think the focus of the non conference season for power conference teams should be building toward your conference season which is a major grind. If you are a mid major that wants a chance at an at large then yea you better give yourself a chance at big wins before conference play but we have plenty of big time games in conference to take care of our resume.

I would have played maybe

Cupcake
Cupcake
South Dakota State - solid mid major
Cupcake
Thanksgiving tournament, Iona, Drake, Miami. Solid competition
Gonzaga in Seattle. Great test away from home
Cupcake
Cupcake
Davidson/Colorado State/Memphis type game in Birmingham.
cupcake

when I say cupcake I’m talking miles college type games
Miles? Miles gave Kentucky all they could handle?

If we had Primo and Namari this would be a completely different team. I think Nate wants to win with 4 year guys and hopefully Tchikou & Ambrose Hilton will eventually become contributors. It’s shocking to me that neither one of them has earned the trust of the coaching staff. Maybe we should look to the portal and attack it a lot harder. Hurt feelings be damned. Look at what auburn did with the portal.

Last years team played in a conference that was down considerably in talent than this years group. KY and the Barn both had losing seasons and are top 10 this year. TN, Arky and several other programs are improved and the SEC is tough this year.
You guys can bitch about our coach and staff all you want. You pay to be able to do that but none of you know more about the game than CNO and his assistants. Stop acting like you do.
I get frustrated like anyone else, but the fact are we are a lock for the tournament and with a couple of more wins a good seed as well. I am thankful where our program is now and hate to see fans tearing it down.
We have the #3 recruiting class in the nation coming in next year with a core of about 5 or maybe 6 guys coming back and CNO will pick up 2 or 3 players from the portal next year. Things are looking great, but reading these threads, you would never know it.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
Last years team played in a conference that was down considerably in talent than this years group. KY and the Barn both had losing seasons and are top 10 this year. TN, Arky and several other programs are improved and the SEC is tough this year.
You guys can bitch about our coach and staff all you want. You pay to be able to do that but none of you know more about the game than CNO and his assistants. Stop acting like you do.
I get frustrated like anyone else, but the fact are we are a lock for the tournament and with a couple of more wins a good seed as well. I am thankful where our program is now and hate to see fans tearing it down.
We have the #3 recruiting class in the nation coming in next year with a core of about 5 or maybe 6 guys coming back and CNO will pick up 2 or 3 players from the portal next year. Things are looking great, but reading these threads, you would never know it.
Agree. It has been a frustrating team at times for sure but little ridiculous the take some fans have on our program as a whole right now. I mean things are in a really good place for our hoops program

Reactions: winin11
Agree. It has been a frustrating team at times for sure but little ridiculous the take some fans have on our program as a whole right now. I mean things are in a really good place for our hoops program
Shoot, we have numerous posters complaining every year about our football program, and look at what they have accomplished over the past decade plus. Nothing is perfect. I voice my frustrations for both sports too at times. I think a lot of the BB posts are out of frustration due to many thought we would be better than we ended up being coming off last year. The expectations, additionally, got more fueled by us starting the season beating the likes of Gonzaga and Houston.

Reactions: winin11
Shoot, we have numerous posters complaining every year about our football program, and look at what they have accomplished over the past decade plus. Nothing is perfect. I voice my frustrations for both sports too at times. I think a lot of the BB posts are out of frustration due to many thought we would be better than we ended up being coming off last year. The expectations, additionally, got more fueled by us starting the season beating the likes of Gonzaga and Houston.
Still think our only bad losses are at mizzou and Georgia. And frankly those are imo both from thinking we could finally relax in the midst of a brutal schedule and ofcourse you can NEVER relax on the road in conference. With our schedule a lot of pretty good teams would be around .500. I’m not convinced we are as disappointing of a product as our fans think.. I just think the schedule has been grueling and it has really tested us mentally and we haven’t always answered the bell correctly but there is a ton of really good things this team has already done this year

Still think our only bad losses are at mizzou and Georgia. And frankly those are imo both from thinking we could finally relax in the midst of a brutal schedule and ofcourse you can NEVER relax on the road in conference. With our schedule a lot of pretty good teams would be around .500. I’m not convinced we are as disappointing of a product as our fans think.. I just think the schedule has been grueling and it has really tested us mentally and we haven’t always answered the bell correctly but there is a ton of really good things this team has already done this year
Agree that those are really the only 2 bad losses. However I disagree that it was a result of relaxing against inferior opponents. We scored 86 and 76 points respectively in those games and still lost. So I'd argue we lost because we've consistently played crappy defense all season. Play poor defensively and even bad teams can beat you.

Agree that those are really the only 2 bad losses. However I disagree that it was a result of relaxing against inferior opponents. We scored 86 and 76 points respectively in those games and still lost. So I'd argue we lost because we've consistently played crappy defense all season. Play poor defensively and even bad teams can beat you.
Well relaxing and playing poor defense definitely go hand in hand. Defense is definitely where this team lets it’s guard down(pun intended) and it is what has prevented this team from being next level good.

I can’t help but laugh at the people who gripe and whine and complain about this teams offense. It’s statistically our best offensive team ever and top 10 in offensive efficiency in the country. Defense HAS to pick up if we want to do anything postseason

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT