ADVERTISEMENT

Pick the Winners, Week 8. Anyone is welcome to pick,

Week seven is in the books and I am officially declaring that no one won, since TideFB got seven right and betrayed Alabama by picking Tennessee to win. You think this is easy. the winner got seven games right. Well I am use to taking the week after Tennessee off, but I saw we have a game. As always the tie breaker is the winner of game 12, the score, the leading rusher and his yardage. Six SEC teams have off weeks this week.

1. SE Louisiana at Jax State (Yes I broke a rule, but there were not enough good games)

2. Purdue at Wisconsin

3. Kansas at Baylor

4. Minnesota at Penn State

5. Texas at Oklahoma State

6. Kansas State at TCU

7. UCLA at Oregon

8. Syracuse at Clemson

9. Texas A&M at South Carolina

10. Vanderbilt at Missouri

11. Ole Miss at LSU

12. Mississippi State at Alabama (Pick the Score, the leading rusher and his yardage)
Reactions: gedrury1852

Tide Illustrated Staff Picks/Bama predictions Week 8

Ole Miss (+2) vs LSU
Ole Miss- James, Jordan, Kelly, Tony, Russell
LSU- Brandon

Vanderbilt (+14) vs Missouri (this is maybe the most challenging line I've seen all year because I think both teams are terrible)
Vandy- Tony, Russell
Mizzou- Brandon, James, Jordan, Kelly

Mississippi State (+21) vs Alabama
MSU- Brandon, Russell
Bama- James, Jordan, Kelly, Tony

Texas A&M (-3) vs South Carolina
TAMU- Jordan, Kelly, Tony, Russell
SC- Brandon, James

Bama Score Predictions:
Brandon Bama 31-17
James Bama 52-14
Jordan Bama 38-14
Kelly Bama 45-21
Tony Bama 41-13
Russell Bama 42-28
Reactions: 1959 and lainey2020

Football Recruiting Expected visitors for Saturday, 10/22 vs. Mississippi State

Despite the loss to Tennessee last week, Alabama gets to host another bevy of recruits on Saturday when Mississippi State comes to town. More than 60 recruits will get the chance to see Bryant-Denny Stadium up close and personal as the Crimson Tide looks to get back into the win column against the Bulldogs.

With that being said, the group of recruits visiting, both officially and unofficially, is loaded.

Note: This list will be updated constantly as names are added/drop off

Official Visitors
Jay M Robinson (N.C.) DL Daevin Hobbs
Westside (Fla.) DL Jordan Hall

Commits
Northridge (Ala.) OL Wilkin Formby
Longview (Tex.) WR Jalen Hale
Florence (Ala.) DB Jahlil Hurley
Independence (Tenn.) TE Ty Lockwood
Brookwood (Ga.) QB Dylan Lonergan
Clay-Chalkville (Ala.) DB Jaylen Mbakwe
Anniston (Ala.) OL Ryqueze McElderry
Thompson (Ala.) DB Tony Mitchell
Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.) DL Hunter Osborne
Eufala (Ala.) Yhonzae Pierre

Class of 2023
American Heritage (Fla.) DB Damari Brown
Carver (Ala.) DL Qua Russaw
Carver (Ala.) DL James Smith
Mountain Brook (Ala.) P Reed Harrandine
Pinson Valley (Ala.) S TJ Metcalf (Arkansas commit)
Pinson Valley (Ala.) WR Amare Thomas (Virginia commit)

Class of 2024
Northridge (Ala.) DB Travaris Banks
Mobile Christian (Ala.) LB Sterling Dixon Jr.
Lancaster (Tex.) DB Corian Gipson
Leeds (Ala.) DE/OLB Kavion Henderson
Meridian (Miss.) RB Daniel Hill
St. John Bosco (Cali.) LB Jordan Lockhart (Ole Miss commit)
Blountstown (Fla.) DB Jordan Pride (Florida State commit)
Carlsbad (Cali.) QB Julian Sayin
Pearl-Cohn (Tenn.) LB Grace'son Beach
Bay Springs (Miss.) DL Kamron Beavers
Creekside (Ga.) DL Michai Boireau
Dacula (Ga.) DL Simeon Boulware
Edna Karr (La.) DB Edward Brown
Starkville (Miss.) ATH Braylon Burnside
Norcross (Ga.) DL Jackson Bussey
Winona (Miss.) LB Fred Clark
Phenix City Central (Ala.) WR Cameron Coleman
Edna Karr (La.) WR Rahji Dennis
Creekside (Ga.) OL Caleb Holmes
Taylor County (Ky.) OL Hayes Johnson
Oak Grove (Miss.) QB Anthony Maddox Jr.
Robert F. Monroe Day School (Fla.) DL Keishawn Mashburn (Florida State commit)
Denham Springs (La.) DB Da'Shawn McBryde
Starkville (Miss.) QB Trey Petty
Lovejoy (Tex.) LB Payton Pierce
Chilton County (Ala.) LB Demarcus Riddick
Tuscaloosa County (Ala.) RB Kevin Riley
Warren (Cali.) WR Jordan Ross
Benjamin Russell (Ala.) DB Malcolm Simmons
Memphis University (Tenn.) DL Dion Stutts
Grenada (Miss.) DL Aaron Travis
Parkview Baptist (La.) RB Kalyn Tureaud
Hiram (Ga.) ATH Chase Tyler
St. Marys (La.) K Payne Williams
Malvern (Ark.) OL Vinnie Winters

Class of 2025
North Shore Senior (Tex.) DB Devin Sanchez
Cooper (Ky.) OLB Austin Alexander
Alpharetta (Ga.) TE Ethan Barbour
St. Francis (Ga.) DL Caleb Bell
St. Francis (Ga.) OL Nicolai Brooks
Choctaw County (Miss.) WR Caleb Cunningham
Westlake (Ga.) OL Juan Gaston
Douglass (Ga.) DB Jontae Gilbert (Ohio State commit)
St. Francis (Ga.) OL Brayden Jacobs
Saraland (Ala.) QB KJ Lacey
Oak Grove (Miss.) DL Andrew Maddox
St. Francis (Ga.) CB Tyler Redmond
Palmetto (Fla.) QB Zander Smith
Alpharetta (Ga.) ATH CJ Wiley

Football Recruiting On Location Report: The latest on Montgomery Carver duo James Smith, Qua Russaw..

Tide Illustrated caught up with Qua Russaw and James Smith after leading Carver to its first region title in eight seasons, to talk about their recruitment process and Alabama.

CJ Cup

Six Alabama golfers on the course right now, all under par except for JT who is at even.

Trey Mullinax is -7 through 12 and LEADS THE TOURNAMENT BY THREE STROKES. This is an all-star field (except for the LIV stars, of course). JT, McIlroy, Rahm, Scheffler, Morikawa and Speith, among others.

UPDATE:

That was Mullinax's high-water mark. He was +1 over the last 6 but the 1st 12 was so spectacular that he is still tied for the lead. JT and Hodges are -3 and tied for 15th.

THURSDAY UPDATE:

Lee Hodges is -4 through his first six and is in first place. Mullinax is in a (currently) 3-way tie for second. Roll Tide, baby! Not too shabby with the toughest field of the new season.

Somehow I miscounted yesterday, like really badly. There are only six Bama guys on the tour and Michael Thompson and Robby Shelton are not here, so it's FOUR Bama golfers, not six. Along with Hodges and Mullinax, Thomas is -3, just 3 shots behind Trey, and Davis Riley is even par through six and hovering around the cut line.

jamarion davis fleming

from mississippi gets up and down the court a lot better than his brother. when i seen him play he was in the 8th grade. it is a long time before 2025 but i think he will be a good prospect.
josh hill is 6-9 from Georgia and a great prospect in the 2024 class.
tylis jordan is a 6-7 small forward in the 2025 class. he is another good prospect from georgia in 2025. georgia and auburn can`t get them all. roll tide

Arion Carter update

Login to view embedded media
Really nothing new here with Carter. I was at his game tonight and caught up with him afterwards. Confirmed his official visit dates with LSU (this weekend), Tennessee (Oct. 29th), Ohio State (Nov. 12th), and Alabama (Nov. 26th.) He has already visited Tennessee for a game this season and has been to Alabama twice already. LSU and Ohio State will be first-time visits. He cancelled his official visits to Michigan last week, so for now it's a four-team race. Carter said it's possible he could take a fifth official as other schools are still in pursuit. Auburn LB coach Christian Robinson was at his game tonight.

Tidebits 🐘 TideBits: 10/20 edition, presented by The Rogue Shop

RogueShop.png

With 23 verbal commitments already in the Crimson Tide's No. 1 rated recruiting class, spots are filling up quickly with less than nine weeks to go until the early signing period.

Today, the main topics here are going to be some insight I've been able to gather per my sources on four of the staff's top remaining targets: Montgomery Carver (Ala.) duo of James Smith and Jaquavious Russaw, Fla DE Keon Keeley, and Fla. CB Cormani McClain.

Let's start things off with Keeley, as that is one that there seems to be some misinformation going around about in the last handful of days.

Tide Illustrated sources confirmed that Alabama is at the top of his list, and that it has been that way since he opened things up by decommitting from Notre Dame earlier in the cycle.

From what I have been told, Keeley is in no rush to make a second commitment, though. While the interviews and the media attention can be a lot to handle, Keeley is enjoying the rest of the recruiting process, and as a result those close to him do not expect him to make a decision before the calendar turns over into December.

Given his talent-level, Alabama is understandably willing to ride it out, especially given the level of confidence there is in the building about landing him in the end.

Moving onto five-star CB Cormani McClain, there's been a recent shift in his recruitment that I have not been able to dive into before today.

McClain recently announced that he plans to commit in a lengthy ceremony on October 27th at 5pm central time.

Given the timing of the decision, and the fact that Alabama has not been able to get him on campus, everything is trending towards Gainesville at the moment. There is a slim chance he visits Alabama this weekend for the Mississippi State game, but that is something that is looking less likely by the hour as the game approaches with no news out.

Per sources close to McClain and inside the state of Florida, McClain originally was one that everyone expected to wait until either right before signing day, or signing day itself to make a decision. Unlike others being discussed here, McClain has grown tired of the recruiting process, and is ready for it to be a thing of the past rather than drag it out another 1.5 months.

Not ready, as of this morning, to make a prediction yet, but as I said, all things are pointing towards Gainesville. Next edition we will go in-depth on the board at cornerback, potential new targets, and more.

I am excited to say, as we wrap this edition up, that Tide Illustrated will be in attendance at the Montgomery Carver vs. Pike Road game tonight.

We look forward to providing an update on the duo of Smith & Russaw, especially coming off of their Florida trip in which there was a significant post-visit high for Russaw.

Per sources, Florida is pitching him hard on the fact that he would have the chance to start the moment he stepped foot on campus were he to sign with the Gators. Russaw, like any other elite kid, wants to see the field, so they had his attention.

With Russaw and Smith maintaining the fact that they are a package deal, It doesn't sound as if the post-visit high was nearly as much with Smith, the talented DT.

Smith, per my sources, has Alabama at the top, and is high on the idea of being able to stay closer to home.

Both will be on campus this weekend.

TI will have in-depth updates on each of them following their game tonight, and will also be on the road in both Georgia and Texas tonight as well.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT