ADVERTISEMENT

23-8 over/under?

uagolffan

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2017
Do we win more or less than 22?I believe this will be our record at the end of the regular season. What say you?

Last edited:
Do we win more or less than 17? I believe this will be our record at the end of the regular season. What say you?
@UGA
@Miss
@Vandy

Going to need 1 of those. Have some winnable games at home but this team is going to have to grab a road win or two to get to 17. Not sure why but I'll take the over. 17 maybe even 16 gets them in the tournament though.

Reactions: uagolffan
We are winning a lot more than 4 games rest of season lol. I say 21-10 or 20-11
We have 4 almost certain losses left - Baylor, Kentucky twice, and the boogs. I'd say at LSU is at least a 75% chance to lose because they should have both Days and Pinson in the rematch. We would have to win every other remaining game to reach your prediction. I just don't see it. 17-14 or 18-13 is my pick.

Reactions: bamaboy423
I got us 20-11 trying to be both optimistic and realistic. I could see it 18-22 window depending on how things go.

We have 4 almost certain losses left - Baylor, Kentucky twice, and the boogs. I'd say at LSU is at least a 75% chance to lose because they should have both Days and Pinson in the rematch. We would have to win every other remaining game to reach your prediction. I just don't see it. 17-14 or 18-13 is my pick.
kentucky is the best team in the sec. if they get tyty back no one is coming close to beating them.

au has a long way to go before being the best team in the country.
Didn't see the AU/UK game but I trust Pearl's ability to put a "team" on the court more than Cal's. Six 19 yo 5 stars wanting the ball just isn't going to work. Scary when you think everybody on that AU team, except for Smith, could be back next year.

Reactions: BamaTexan
Didn't see the AU/UK game but I trust Pearl's ability to put a "team" on the court more than Cal's. Six 19 yo 5 stars wanting the ball just isn't going to work. Scary when you think everybody on that AU team, except for Smith, could be back next year.
Kessler’s draft stock has to be on the rise…I haven’t looked at any mocks but he seems to be a lottery caliber player.

They will not be.

I said this team would win 20 several weeks ago. I will stick with that pick even though I did have Bama winning both Missouri games in that pick.

Reactions: uagolffan
We are winning a lot more than 4 games rest of season lol. I say 21-10 or 20-11
LOL This team ain’t sniffing 20 wins. I frankly don’t see us even making the tournament. We can’t even beat Georgia. How in the heck are we gonna beat Arkansas or A & M? We still have to play a Mississippi State team that has already beaten us. We have LSU in Baton Rouge and, unlike last week, they’ll have their starting backcourt available by then. That doesn’t even count certain losses to Baylor, Kentucky twice and the boogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Codie B
LOL This team ain’t sniffing 20 wins. I frankly don’t see us even making the tournament. We can’t even beat Georgia? How in the heck are we gonna beat Arkansas or A & M? We still have to play a Mississippi State team that has already beaten us. We have LSU in Baton Rouge and, unlike last week, they’ll have their starting backcourt available by then. That doesn’t even count certain losses to Baylor, Kentucky twice and the boogs.
I have been trying to stay quiet, and hopefully see this team turn it around, but I finally have to accept the fact that this team is done.

Think about this…if LSU and Tennessee are at full strength we’d have all of 2 conference wins

I am convinced this team will roll into the SEC tournament needing to win it just to get into the NCAA tourney. This team has shown us over and over that they are weak, soft and only play hard enough to stay close.

These next three games look to be pretty nasty.

We will be lucky to get into the NIT.

Reactions: jtr4dad
I am convinced this team will roll into the SEC tournament needing to win it just to get into the NCAA tourney. This team has shown us over and over that they are weak, soft and only play hard enough to stay close.

These next three games look to be pretty nasty.

We will be lucky to get into the NIT.

...and I wouldn't call an NIT invite "lucky".

Reactions: OF3052
...and I wouldn't call an NIT invite "lucky".
Many many years ago, I was watching the SEC basketball tourney on TV. I believe it was probably in Nashville that particular year because I always attended whenever it was in Atlanta. Ashley Judd made a cameo visit with the commentators and did maybe a five minute stretch of in-game chat with those guys while the Cats were playing. One of them asked her something about the NIT and she responded very matter-of-factly that she did NOT follow the NIT! ))))

Always loved that comment from her......"I do not follow the NIT!"

Many many years ago, I was watching the SEC basketball tourney on TV. I believe it was probably in Nashville that particular year because I always attended whenever it was in Atlanta. Ashley Judd made a cameo visit with the commentators and did maybe a five minute stretch of in-game chat with those guys while the Cats were playing. One of them asked her something about the NIT and she responded very matter-of-factly that she did NOT follow the NIT! ))))

Always loved that comment from her......"I do not follow the NIT!"

Used to be that the NIT was strong, since only conference champs went to the NCAA tournament.

Now, with virtually any team with a pulse getting an NCAA slot the NIT is irrelevant.

Reactions: OF3052
You are getting a bit ridiculous with all of your “ what if’s”.
Not at all. Florida was ahead at halftime and seemed to run out of gas midway through the second half. They hadn't played in a couple of weeks prior to that, and also had been very limited in practice time, due to a Covid pause within their program. We were very fortunate to win that game, as we were against LSU and Tennessee due to them each missing 2 starters. I doubt very seriously if we would beat Florida if we played them again, nor would we beat a full strength LSU or Tennessee. We can't even beat Georgia, and had to have a frantic comeback to avoid a sweep by Missouri. Those are the 2 worst teams in the SEC.

Not at all. Florida was ahead at halftime and seemed to run out of gas midway through the second half. They hadn't played in a couple of weeks prior to that, and also had been very limited in practice time, due to a Covid pause within their program. We were very fortunate to win that game, as we were against LSU and Tennessee due to them each missing 2 starters. I doubt very seriously if we would beat Florida if we played them again, nor would we beat a full strength LSU or Tennessee. We can't even beat Georgia, and had to have a frantic comeback to avoid a sweep by Missouri. Those are the 2 worst teams in the SEC.
Gonna remind you of all the basketball gloom and doom comments when I point out softball issues which you always defend or deny.
Agree this team is simply not very good in some key areas. Would have loved to have seen the results with Primo and Burnett. And there definitely seems to be some bad chemistry issues with this bunch.

Gonna remind you of all the basketball gloom and doom comments when I point out softball issues which you always defend or deny.
Agree this team is simply not very good in some key areas. Would have loved to have seen the results with Primo and Burnett. And there definitely seems to be some bad chemistry issues with this bunch.
When is the last time our softball team failed to reach a super regional? The answer is never. We have advanced to the softball version of the sweet sixteen 16 consecutive years. When Oats reaches that level of consistency then he will have earned the benefit of the doubt. There are times when I scratch my head at decisions Patrick Murphy or Nick Saban make, but they have proven themselves as hall of fame coaches in their respective sports. That's why you won't see me criticize them publicly or question their decisions. They have both demonstrated that they're capable of making the necessary adjustments when one of their teams hits a rough patch. I've actually been pretty reserved in my approach with Oats. There are lots of things that he does that I don't particularly care for, but what good would be served by my venting at him on a message board? I hope like heck he can get things turned around, but the clock is ticking on this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stratman59

When is the last time our softball team failed to reach a super regional? The answer is never. We have advanced to the softball version of the sweet sixteen 16 consecutive years. When Oats reaches that level of consistency then he will have earned the benefit of the doubt. There are times when I scratch my head at decisions Patrick Murphy or Nick Saban make, but they have proven themselves as hall of fame coaches in their respective sports. That's why you won't see me criticize them publicly or question their decisions. They have both demonstrated that they're capable of making the necessary adjustments when one of their teams hits a rough patch. I've actually been pretty reserved in my approach with Oats. There are lots of things that he does that I don't particularly care for, but what good would be served by my venting at him on a message board? I hope like heck he can get things turned around, but the clock is ticking on this season.
Excellent post . . .

Do we win more or less than 15? I believe this will be our record at the end of the regular season. What say you?
What's up UAgolffan! With the team's current win total at 13, I would be more surprised if Alabama basketball doesn't get to 15 than Alabama football going .500 next year. The question I ask about this team....will their quadrant one wins be enough to carry them into the NCAA tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT