ADVERTISEMENT

3 of 30 from three point land

Kyle, how much of a threat do you see your Aggies being in the dance?

Reactions: cola68
I can hear Oats now, poor effort. We have to get that fixed. We will fix it.

Some guys on the team don’t need to shoot threes .
theyre rebounders and screeners only

This team is the softest collection of players that have worn crimson .. they’re talented too but not a team

they sulk when they miss (Keon )

they are physically weak in the paint

they couldn’t guard granny and keep her from the jello at the family reunion 😂

head cases

Maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't be shooting 30 threes a game.
I don’t think there is an easy fix for this squad.

Shooting is the most important skill in basketball by far and not taking open shots just makes the offense dysfunctional.

Unfortunately, the NBA isn’t the only “make or miss league”…that’s just basketball and Bama apparently has a poor shooting team this season (even worse than we realized since a couple of guys have gone in the tank).

IMO the style CNO employs tends to maximize the players’ opportunities and is the right way to play basketball with the current rules, but players still have to get it done.

Maybe running more backside action could help a bit, but at the end of the day if the other team doesn’t have to defend outside then defense will be easy for them.

I don’t think there is an easy fix for this squad.

Shooting is the most important skill in basketball by far and not taking open shots just makes the offense dysfunctional.

Unfortunately, the NBA isn’t the only “make or miss league”…that’s just basketball and Bama apparently has a poor shooting team this season (even worse than we realized since a couple of guys have gone in the tank).

IMO the style CNO employs tends to maximize the players’ opportunities and is the right way to play basketball with the current rules, but players still have to get it done.

Maybe running more backside action could help a bit, but at the end of the day if the other team doesn’t have to defend outside then defense will be easy for them.
The problem is that this team takes too many 3s, many of them contested. Why, because that's what they do. Winning in CBB doesn't require shooting this many 3s. Alabama is 8th nationally in 3pt FG attempted, the next Power 5 school on the list is Florida at almost 100 less 3pt FG taken on the season. There are only 8 Power 5 schools in the CBB that is ranked in the top 50 of 3pt FG attempted and only three of them are ranked, Auburn, Villanova, and Tennessee.

As a matter of fact, of the top 100 teams in terms of 3pt FG taken on the year, only 6 of them are ranked team, the three I mentioned already, Illinois, Baylor, and Marquette being the other 3. The rules of the games have not changed to the point that motion, screens, cuts, pick and roll are taken out of the game. As a matter of fact, with the way you can't grab anymore, it makes it easier to come up with plays to get open shot.

Most of the time in half court offense Bama looks to get pass it around the perimeter and look for a 3 to throw up. Zero imagination in doing that. Teams with better shooters on them don't shoot as many 3s as Bama.

its time for some 12-15 foot jump shots... lol!
It's past time. It's as if they don't know that a 10-footer counts as a score too. They spot up behind the 3 point line and don't move. Only the guy dribbling the ball is actually moving.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
I can hear Oats now, poor effort. We have to get that fixed. We will fix it.
The effort was not the problem in this game, our defense was good and we actually out rebounded Kentucky. People are over thinking this one. We lost because we were 3-30 on three point attempts. 10-30 we win this game easy, with the effort the guys played with. Bedioko played his best game of the season, a year in the weight room and He's going to be fine.

The effort was not the problem in this game, our defense was good and we actually out rebounded Kentucky. People are over thinking this one. We lost because we were 3-30 on three point attempts. 10-30 we win this game easy, with the effort the guys played with. Bedioko played his best game of the season, a year in the weight room and He's going to be fine.

so typical, always looking on the bright side 😃

• Haha
Reactions: bet9
I agree. But Oats won’t. He blames the players effort after every loss.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
This ^^^^^^^. I don’t consider myself an expert at BB, but I do know it is tough to win when you can’t put the ball threw the hoop.

Admittedly I’m no expert but you can’t get out of a shooting slump by not shooting uncontested shots if a better option isn’t available. Shaq, JQ, Ellis have all been high percentage 3 shooters a number of times. Gurley, JD, chuck, Miles and Roe can make 3s as well but not a high percentage. I think a visit to a comedy club or some other endeavor that gets their mind of the shooting woes could be beneficial. Fwiw

I like how he said, “if you really study us, we are scoring way more at the rim than we are from 3.” Well no crap, when you’re one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the nation, you better be scoring way more points in some other fashion.

Ha - I have to laugh at myself on that one. Certainly not willing to go THAT far.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT