ADVERTISEMENT

7/30 Open Practice

HarrisonPatton3

All District
Jul 8, 2021
Heard that there’s an open basketball practice tomorrow (7/30) being held at 10 am. Wondering if anyone is going and will be able to give an inside scoop? I’d love to go but I’m back in Texas for the summer.

This is the first I heard of the open practice. Unfortunately, it's 10 a.m. right now so I would have missed some by the time I get there. This is why we need more info on this site.

One of my friends was able to make it. I’ll update y’all on the notes he’s sent in our friend group thus far:
•Scrimmage is starting now.
•Crimson team: Bradley, Gurley, Welch, Miller, Bediako, (Heard, Cottrell, Jaden Quinerly)
•White team: Sears, Miles, Griffen, Clowney, Pringle, Burnett, (Scharnowski, Spears)
•Clowned knocked down 2 3’s early. Noah Gurley playing aggressive and has scored 6. Sears showing a lot of quickness on drives getting to the rim
•Bradley has been showing out passing, driving, and a big offensive board and put back. Good news w his foot. Miller hasn’t scored much but has been a playmaker on offense. Burnett w a deep 3
•Miller with an alley-oop, fadeaway, and step-in 3. Coming into his own now
•14 points in the second quarter for Miller

I’ll update y’all when he sends more. Hope this is somewhat helpful for figuring out our team

One of my friends was able to make it. I’ll update y’all on the notes he’s sent in our friend group thus far:
•Crimson team: Bradley, Gurley, Welch, Miller, Bediako, (Heard, Cottrell, Jaden Quinerly)
•White team: Sears, Miles, Griffen, Clowney, Pringle, Burnett, (Scharnowski, Spears)
•Clowned knocked down 2 3’s early. Noah Gurley playing aggressive and has scored 6. Sears showing a lot of quickness on drives getting to the rim
•Bradley has been showing out passing, driving, and a big offensive board and put back. Good news w his foot. Miller hasn’t scored much but has been a playmaker on offense. Burnett w a deep 3

I’ll update y’all when he sends more. Hope this is somewhat helpful for figuring out our team
Another 3 for Miller. Sears hit another 3 as well. Score is 59-58

WHITE TEAM: 97 points
Nimari Burnett: 21 points
Noah Clowney: 21 points
Rylan Griffen: 20 points
Mark Sears: 16 points
Darius Miles: 12 points
Nick Pringle: 4 points
Kai Spears: 3 points

CRIMSON TEAM: 77 points
Brandon Miller: 30 points
Jaden Bradley: 19 points
Noah Gurley: 16 points
Dom Welch: 5 points
Delaney Heard: 5 points
Charles Bediako: 2 points

Who the heck is #4? I watched like a 6 minute deal on Al.com. #4 looked kinda like a man out there and I saw him make a 3.

Noah Gurley is #4.
I hope he’s a different dude this year. Some of the clips I saw he looked like a man. I hope it’s not bc of the level on bigs he’s going up against in practice.

Bediako only scoring 2 pts doesn't bode well; however, its still early and he has plenty of time to find his groove.
Depends on how many attempts he had. Would like to see the full stats and look at rebounds, turnovers, shooting percentage etc.

Reactions: bet9
Bediako only scoring 2 pts doesn't bode well; however, its still early and he has plenty of time to find his groove.
Hopefully it means Clowney is farther along than we thought.

IMO new guys pushing the vets and transfers is a good sign. We know what we have with the returnees and a decent idea of the transferrees, so them getting pushed for playing time is probably best case for the season outlook.

If we end up with something like (below) it gets a lot of our highest rated guys on the floor:

PG - Bradley/Sears/JQ (inj)
SG - Burnett/Griffen/Welch
SF - Miller/Miles
PF - Clowney/Gurley
C - Bediako/Pringle

Very good info man, thanks for taking the time to report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT