ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Alabama basketball vs. Miss. State - Game Thread

This team is so easy to figure out! Teams have figured out that Bama will drive all the way to rim every game and pass it back out and 50% or more are getting tipped away or stolen! We also have proved that we cant guard snyobe without fouling! We cant consistently win games at the line! And we are guaranteed to shoot 20+ 3s and only gonna hit about 5 each game giving teams huge run out rebounds! Its amazing that we finally have our 1st legit 7 footer and this is our worst rebounding team in years! Whoever was laughing a few weeks ago at the guy who predicted double digit losses......i bet your ass aint laughing now!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️💀💀

First off JQ might be better off the bench. Start JD. Ellis could easily average 20, so we need him to be more aggressive. And little things like splitting a 1and1 which JQ does so many times drives me crazy.

Why can't they play with this sense of urgency the entire game?
Don't get why it takes a 5 minute scoring drought to run a set play for Miles to hit a three in the corner. Was it cause Q was running the show??

Still early in conference play and we can still get it figured out! RTR!

Oats has a time out and did not use it?
Team just is lost it’s touch that it had when it played the Zags. Can’t hit threes and shoots 30. Handles the ball sloppy. Can’t finish at the rim.
They appear to be getting worst. Not better.
They can still turn it around. Just mid January.

Ugh... a truly rotten 7 or 8 day stretch for Bama athletics. Loss after loss after loss.

That last play as soon as JD got the ball going up court and his man was back peddling I was screaming for him to go full on Sexton and race to the rim. The defense vacated the rim altogether. All he had to do was get even with his man and he at least gets to the rim.

Not surprising we lost tonight but I was surprised it was that close late. I thought Rojas at least offered someone that had some amount of toughness even though he's a foul machine. He's also obviously about 80% healthy and favoring the leg a bit. Quin needs to get his head right and soon. I don't know what's wrong with him if it's confidence or attitude but he's about 0 in plus minus lately. For every good play or two he has a bad play or missed wide open 3.

Why can't they play with this sense of urgency the entire game?
Bc they aren’t being put on the bench. I’m ready to concede a loss to play the non starters and walk ons if need be. This effort issue is obvious in all the loses. The team plays with a different intensity the last 3 minutes of all our losses. Proving they can play hard they just arent

Just a very average basketball team that does nothing particularly well except shooting free throws lately. Very hard to watch.
Out rebounded badly down the stretch- why was Bediako out of the game for the last 6 minutes? And no timeout before last play?
I should of known Alabama basketball would revert back to what it has been for the last 25 years.

Reactions: ATLSwag17
No one better compare JD to Sexton again! The only thing there even close with as freshman is athletism! Sexton wins every other category!

It is called Billingsley Disease. Symptoms- lack of caring and effort.
This is so dumb that this is some of yall go to whenever a player isn't playing well. Q is struggling the last couple of games but no one watching can question his effort...

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
This team is so easy to figure out! Teams have figured out that Bama will drive all the way to rim every game and pass it back out and 50% or more are getting tipped away or stolen! We also have proved that we cant guard snyobe without fouling! We cant consistently win games at the line! And we are guaranteed to shoot 20+ 3s and only gonna hit about 5 each game giving teams huge run out rebounds! Its amazing that we finally have our 1st legit 7 footer and this is our worst rebounding team in years! Whoever was laughing a few weeks ago at the guy who predicted double digit losses......i bet your ass aint laughing now!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️💀💀
Exactly. I got laughed off the board for it. Seriously hope we can make the tourny at this
Point. The Gonzaga win should get us in if we can stay on the bubble

Just finished watching. This team has no leaders. Our backcourt outside of Ellis is made up of individuals. Too much iso ball. Bigs need to get pissed off or something. Got completely dominated on the boards. 10 fn rebounds between our 4 big guys. Just that stat alone tells me its a lack of effort or will...or both. Oats needs to get these guys going if we dont make the tourney it will be the biggest waste of Alabama basketball talent I can remember. Miss Petty and Jones. One of our guys needs to step up and be a leader. Oats can only do so much. Rebounding is more personal will than taught skill.

Reactions: jmillerbama
This is so dumb that this is some of yall go to whenever a player isn't playing well. Q is struggling the last couple of games but no one watching can question his effort...
Not dumb at all. Lack of effort on D is clear to see. I know- you never blame the player. Only the coach. We know.

Exactly. I got laughed off the board for it. Seriously hope we can make the tourny at this
The problem is at best it is a 50/50 proposition if they get 5-6 more wins…not sure that 16 or 17 wins gets us in the NCAA. Maybe we can get back to the NIT.

Gonzaga game was Fool’s Gold. Hit 10 of 13 3’s in first half and haven’t shot the 3 well since then.

I said a couple of weeks ago that we’d be fortunate to go 9-9 in conference, and I was counting on 2 wins over Missouri when I said that. We’ve already lost 3, and still have to play Kentucky twice, LSU twice, and have to play both the boogs and MSU again. I don’t see how we get there now.

Last edited:
Just finished watching. This team has no leaders. Our backcourt outside of Ellis is made up of individuals. Too much iso ball. Bigs need to get pissed off or something. Got completely dominated on the boards. 10 fn rebounds between our 4 big guys. Just that stat alone tells me its a lack of effort or will...or both. Oats needs to get these guys going if we dont make the tourney it will be the biggest waste of Alabama basketball talent I can remember. Miss Petty and Jones. One of our guys needs to step up and be a leader. Oats can only do so much. Rebounding is more personal will than taught skill.
Our “ talent”‘is not nearly as good as some want to believe. We have zero post players who are difference makers and are about 230th in 3 point %.

Nobody has emerged as a leader on the court! Last year we had Herb Jones, this year nobody!

not sure that 16 or 17 wins gets us in the NCAA.
I believe it will. Not saying this team will deserve it but when comparing team 66-72 few teams will have the resume that we do. Can't mess it up with a bunch of bad losses tho.

Reactions: uagolffan
I called Nate Oats the Gus Malzahn for Alabama basketball a couple of years ago. I was blasted, obviously, but I think his style is a one-trick pony. When that one trick is working, they are great; when it's not...
I’ve never liked his offense, and I’ve said that since he got here. It’s too easy to defend. Just guard the rim and the 3 point line because we ain’t gonna shoot it from anywhere in between. It’s a gimmicky offense that looks great when we’re hitting shots, but it’s not fundamentally sound. If it were, we wouldn’t be the only team in the country running it. But Oats thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. That’s one of his problems.

If we stop making weak passes (JD primarily) and lay the ball in rather than trying to slam it, we win by 8.

I’ve never liked his offense, and I’ve said that since he got here. It’s too easy to defend. Just guard the rim and the 3 point line because we ain’t gonna shoot it from anywhere in between. It’s a gimmicky offense that looks great when we’re hitting shots, but it’s not fundamentally sound. If it were, we wouldn’t be the only team in the country running it. But Oats thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. That’s one of his problems.
This^^^ Truth hurts sometimes but jtr is spot on.

I said a couple of weeks ago that we’d be fortunate to go 9-9 in conference, and I was counting on 2 wins over Missouri when I said that. We’ve already lost 3, and still have to play Kentucky twice, LSU twice, and have to play both the boogs and MSU again. I don’t see how we get there now.
They'll beat state and maybe even somebody else they are not suppose to at home. I don't have any confidence in this team winning away from Coleman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT