ADVERTISEMENT

Arlington Opener: Latest Information from North Texas - Bad

dcoursey

All American
Aug 3, 2011
Hi everyone. Many of you know I teach at UT Arlington and, in my field, tend to know a lot of what local governments are thinking. Well, latest is very bad news for the USC game. Texas, particularly DFW, is exploding like NYC did in March as we opened too damn early and no one in this bloody area wants to wear a mask. Cases are spiking and latest projections, even at the conservative end of the confidence interval, are dire. Below is the just released study from one of my colleagues at UT Southwestern.

It is increasingly doubtful USC-Bama will happen, certainly if talking about a fan presence. Even sans fans, I very much doubt UA and USC athletics want to risk the season bringing the team here and getting players infected. There is NO WAY you avoid locals. I will see what I can discover from my City of Arlington sources off the record.

Please don't kill the messenger and I hate this too. I get to see Bama in Arlington so often and was really looking forward to it. I suspect the City and schools will have to make a firm call by first week in August and given projections, it looks very dire for Bama-USC. Let's pray this improves but odds are , nope.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article243713987.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News