ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball season update

Tyler W

All American
Sep 8, 2017

Saban is about to hop on, so I can't break this down too much right now, but let me know what questions y'all have and I'll try to get back to y'all later.

Obviously this is developing so Alabama has yet to announce anything specific or comment, but expect changes in the schedule we've previously heard about.

Saban is about to hop on, so I can't break this down too much right now, but let me know what questions y'all have and I'll try to get back to y'all later.

Obviously this is developing so Alabama has yet to announce anything specific or comment, but expect changes in the schedule we've previously heard about.
I have not looked at the schedule but in your opinion which OOC games get scratched and why???

Any idea of attendance for home games? I am really excited for this upcoming basketball season

Great question. I'll try to look into this. I'm guessing UA honestly doesn't know at this point though so we all might have to wait a while.

I'm guessing UA has a couple plans drawn up, but considering it is indoors, and the fear of a second wave, I expect minimal capacity at least until the second-wave idea is either confirmed or debunked around the holiday season.

I have not looked at the schedule but in your opinion which OOC games get scratched and why???

So here was the schedule that was announced or leaked out prior.

Nov. 10 vs Jacksonville State
Nov. 18 vs South Alabama
Nov. 23-25 Maui Invitational
Dec. 12 vs Clemson (Atlanta)
Dec. 19 vs Houston

TBD home games:
- Furman
- UNC-Asheville
- Vermont

TBD road games:
- at Yale

Games against Jacksonville State and South Alabama should be relatively easy logistically so I think it makes sense for those schools to work with Alabama on new dates unless Alabama has enough games on the books just picking up their schedule as it stands currently beginning on Nov. 25.

I think the Maui Invitational doesn't make sense logistically this year, BUT those neutral site games have a lot of money and support. I've seen announcements about others still happening so it's probably not dead just yet.

The Ivy League has currently suspended all competition until at least January. I think Yale is probably off the list this year because of that.

I thought it was already announced that the Maui Invitational games would be moved to either Asheville, NC or Indianapolis. Or at least that was in the works.

I saw the report suggesting Asheville emerged as one of the options, but I haven't seen anything official or anything that said Asheville is the only option or that it will defintitely be on the mainland (though that is the expectation at this time).

That said I could have missed something.

Was really looking forward to the Maui Invitational. And would love to know why delaying the start of the season is a benefit, or what the reasoning is..

Reactions: PlaidandParquet
So here was the schedule that was announced or leaked out prior.

Nov. 10 vs Jacksonville State
Nov. 18 vs South Alabama
Nov. 23-25 Maui Invitational
Dec. 12 vs Clemson (Atlanta)
Dec. 19 vs Houston

TBD home games:
- Furman
- UNC-Asheville
- Vermont

TBD road games:
- at Yale

Games against Jacksonville State and South Alabama should be relatively easy logistically so I think it makes sense for those schools to work with Alabama on new dates unless Alabama has enough games on the books just picking up their schedule as it stands currently beginning on Nov. 25.

I think the Maui Invitational doesn't make sense logistically this year, BUT those neutral site games have a lot of money and support. I've seen announcements about others still happening so it's probably not dead just yet.

The Ivy League has currently suspended all competition until at least January. I think Yale is probably off the list this year because of that.
Tyler, do you know when we will see the bracket for the Maui tournament?

Any idea of attendance for home games? I am really excited for this upcoming basketball season
The City policy is the governing factor, right now student virus numbers are way down and over the next couple of weeks if that stays constant I would hope the city would allow more than a 25% attendance.

Reactions: xcop
The City policy is the governing factor, right now student virus numbers are way down and over the next couple of weeks if that stays constant I would hope the city would allow more than a 25% attendance.
Even if it’s indoors? I heard they would limit indoor sports to a lower%

Tyler, do you know when we will see the bracket for the Maui tournament?

Sorry for the delay. I did not get the notification. I do not know that now, but can file it away as something to look into later for you.

Reactions: winin11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT