ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton

Slowpoke Catracho

All American
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2022
I have to say that I really enjoy listening to Bill call the game. It's sort of like you are sitting on the couch in his living room watching the game, he's chattering about basketball of years ago, and then it's like "Wow! What a play!" Then he continues talking and maybe goes to the fridge. Really casual!

OMG I can take BiIl in 5 minute doses I felt like I was having a two hour root canal by a dentist who had consumed to many edibles. He did no prep work on our current team and just talked about the old days with TR Dunn and Robert Horry. He was the worst!

OP, I am in opposition to your opinion of BW. For me, he made the game almost unbearable. Couple that with the 20+ TOs and constant ticky-tack fouls, and I almost tuned out. I hope and pray we are not blessed with his presence tomorrow. BW x2 and Gary bcsting today is almost too much to bear.

I get those that hate Walton doing the color commentary but he can be entertaining. But admittedly its the kind of entertaining you might get if you caught him at a bar about 3 beers in and at least a few joints smoked.

Mentioned he was calling our games this holiday to an NBA fan and he was immediately like "Dude, that guy is from another planet. He would say the craziest stuff when he was calling NBA games. Hilarious but useless for informing fans about the game".

I REALLY did not enjoy the broadcast. I was confused if it was about BB or donuts at one point. I was glad to hear how much CNo helped Jaymichael Green's career.
Yeah, I caught that about J. Green. I said what tha hell is he talking about. CNO was teaching math classes when J. Green played at Bama.

Reactions: bet9 and xcop
Walton has been spectacular. Great insight and fun stories. Guy knows his basketball and seems very neutral
He doesn't get paid to spin yarns and reminisce about tales of yore. He is supposed to be providing insight about the game in front of him. Besides, it painfully obvious that he does not do research on the teams he is attempting to discuss.

I wouldn’t want to listen to him all season… but that was a very enjoyable weekend listening to him. I always enjoy him in small doses. He had me cracking up several times…. Mainly when he started claiming the fate of human history was hanging in the balance. Just great television.

I have to say that I really enjoy listening to Bill call the game. It's sort of like you are sitting on the couch in his living room watching the game, he's chattering about basketball of years ago, and then it's like "Wow! What a play!" Then he continues talking and maybe goes to the fridge. Really casual!
If you don't care about the game, I guess he would be more tolerable. Maybe if you were smoking what he was. Having him call all three games in the PKI was absolute misery for me.

If you don't care about the game, I guess he would be more tolerable. Maybe if you were smoking what he was. Having him call all three games in the PKI was absolute misery for me.
I can actually understand whats going on during the game, know the line-up, etc.... without the Play by Play and pass by pass. Talk, eat some nachos, cheer, etc.... Listening to Walton to me is like an extra person at the party. But, each to their own liking. I think my wife would actually like to have no commentators and just watch the action. I like listening to some stories while we are trying to figure out how to inbound the ball or dribble around the perimeter. Then again, Gary doesn't bother me either.

Reactions: sipsey37
I rarely knew what the call on the court was because of him telling a story etc. Who the fouls was on and the like, but like you said, "each to their own liking". I'm good with that, but not good with Walton calling Bama BB games.

Reactions: bet9
At least we now know if you need surgery you can come to Birmingham so that Dr. James Edwards can take care of it for you.

I will say this about Mr. Walton, he was much more complimentary to the Bama team than I would have expected, I was actually surprised to be honest.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

At least we now know if you need surgery you can come to Birmingham so that Dr. James Edwards can take care of it for you.

I will say this about Mr. Walton, he was much more complimentary to the Bama team than I would have expected, I was actually surprised to be honest.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
You can also enjoy the beauty of the Tennessee River while in Tuscaloosa.

I get those that hate Walton doing the color commentary but he can be entertaining. But admittedly its the kind of entertaining you might get if you caught him at a bar about 3 beers in and at least a few joints smoked.

Mentioned he was calling our games this holiday to an NBA fan and he was immediately like "Dude, that guy is from another planet. He would say the craziest stuff when he was calling NBA games. Hilarious but useless for informing fans about the game".
Not only can Bill name all the planets but he has been to half of them.

Walton would be OK to watch if it isn't the team you follow. He talks a lot and meanwhile you want to know who the foul is on and what the call was.
It was truly brutal for him to call all 3 games in the PKI.

Reactions: pfaud001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT