ADVERTISEMENT

Does Mac Come Back?

Roll_Tide_NC

All District
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2020
As of now, Mac is projected to be the 4th or 5th QB off the board. That certainly puts him in the second half of the first round, probably late first or even early second round.

Given the huge disparity in money between end of 1st money and top 10 money, will or should Mac come back?

(I know some people may make the argument Mac should go, end up on a better team at the end of the 1st and study/be mentored for a few years, but frankly, in my admittedly only scant NFL following, QB starters tend to be recycled and get multiple opportunities on different teams while backups tend to stay backups. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that terrible NFL starting QBs get so many chances while backups who could do well sit the bench, but that’s just my perspective.)

Anyway, Mac could come back and work on his touch on the deep ball, as well as arm strength, as those seem to be the only two knocks I’ve heard on him.

Plus, we will have good WRs next year, but unless Metchie takes it to the Smitty level or one of the true freshman steps up, there won’t be a WR people will say is doing all the work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News