ADVERTISEMENT

Does this make any sense at all or am I NOT expecting enough?

LaMar

All American
Aug 14, 2001
Jacksonville,Fl
Enjoy changing coaches every 3-4 years? Don't we have to build some consistency/familiarity with high school coaches and prospects? Every few years we change coaches and we also lose the consistency and lose relationships with high school coaches and players. We just have to understand that in Basketball, we don't have a brand like in football.....It's hard for a high school coach or player to get excited about Bama because if we miss MM in year 2 or 3, we'll be looking to move in a new direction.

How long has it been since a player at Bama finished his college career playing for the same coach that recruited him or sat in his living room speaking with his parents? It's really not that they don't trust the coaches that we miss out on a lot of in-state basketball talent, it's because they don't trust the commitment from the school. Some of our fans are like kids, meaning that we are living in the "NOW GENERATION" but, some of us fail to realize that rarely does anything happen overnight. For example, most of this board has been bashing the hell out of CAJ....even for the things that he can not control........Attendance (You say win more) Facilities (You say win more) even selling the program! CMG took 10 years to slowly tear it up (But that's another story), we gave CAG 3 years to fix it, he couldn't do it fast enough so we moved past him to CAJ, now he signed a 5 year contract to fix what took 13 years to break and in year 4 he's not moving it fast enough so now we're ready to scrap it and start over new again.......Has anyone ever stopped to thing that,maybe it's NOT the coaches.....I AM A BAMA FAN, THROUGH AND THROUGH BUT, I REALLY GET TIRED OF SWITCHING COACHES EVERY FEW YEARS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News