ADVERTISEMENT

Ernest Udeh

A miss by coach, but everybody thought Chuck would come back so I can’t blame him too much for this. Oats needs to actively pursue all options anytime any guy flirts with the draft process. Bediako is making a mistake for his future, but he’s also hampering his past stop.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Need to go full court press on Miranda & Diongue & land 1 of the 2 & get 1 of Nelson, Stevenson or Kaluma or Bama could be in for a tough year when it comes to rebounding and interior defense.

Udeh has committed to TCU.

Udeh reached out to Alabama originally once Bediako decided to go pro, but Alabama just got into it too late.
How the hell do you get in it to late,if this kid called Bama? Don’t you just offer a free ride?

How the hell do you get in it to late,if this kid called Bama? Don’t you just offer a free ride?
I hear ya man. Lesson learned for Oats. Going forward, anytime someone goes to the draft, Oats need to assume he isn’t coming back and they actively recruit to replace. Bama would’ve landed an upgrade from Bediako. Disappointing but luckily, Bama just needs to find someone with size that doesn’t foul and I think they’ll be fine

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
It wasn’t that Oats didn’t want him. I was told he reached out but that could just be exhausting all his potential options and where the best fit was. Ultimately he thought that would be at TCU

Reactions: bet9
I hear ya man. Lesson learned for Oats. Going forward, anytime someone goes to the draft, Oats need to assume he isn’t coming back and they actively recruit to replace. Bama would’ve landed an upgrade from Bediako. Disappointing but luckily, Bama just needs to find someone with size that doesn’t foul and I think they’ll be fine
When someone goes to the draft does his team have to leave his position open if the player decides to return. If Oats found a better player on the portal after Bediako decided to test the waters would he have to take the Bediako back if he decides to return?

When someone goes to the draft does his team have to leave his position open if the player decides to return. If Oats found a better player on the portal after Bediako decided to test the waters would he have to take the Bediako back if he decides to return?
Good question and don’t truly know the answer. It sends a message to future players that you better make your intentions known to the team when testing the waters or else your spot will be taken. Just don’t want Bediako’s mistake to affect next years team. Desperately need Oats to find a big body that doesn’t foul.

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020
Good question and don’t truly know the answer. It sends a message to future players that you better make your intentions known to the team when testing the waters or else your spot will be taken. Just don’t want Bediako’s mistake to affect next years team. Desperately need Oats to find a big body that doesn’t foul.
I would be like Saban, you want to test the waters, then I’m going to shop around,if I find someone better it’s been nice but business is business!

I would be like Saban, you want to test the waters, then I’m going to shop around,if I find someone better it’s been nice but business is business!
That’s what I was thinking but that was during the recruiting process. I think it would be a fair deal, but you know how messed up the NCAA ruling committee is.

Sadly this is where we are with sports and you can't blame players or coaches. As a coach you don't want to send the message that you have zero loyalty but when making 4 million a year you can't afford to have your loyalty result in depth issues. Conversations should be had up front on the day that a kid signs so there is zero confusion. Every kid on the roster next season will be using those 5 months to springboard out the door so why shouldn't Oats be preparing to fill those spots?

If football had the same issue and 52 kids were going to leave the football program at the end of a season could you imagine the resources that would be used to stay in contact with 100's of kids on other teams?

Reactions: Codie B
With SEC officials Jimmy Butler would foul out every other game😀

• Haha
Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
A miss by coach, but everybody thought Chuck would come back so I can’t blame him too much for this. Oats needs to actively pursue all options anytime any guy flirts with the draft process. Bediako is making a mistake for his future, but he’s also hampering his past stop.
Not a miss. We weren't expecting to need a C.

Why is oats not able to hire a team of off the court coaches as Saban has such a team studying upcoming opponents? It’s just seems to be a advantage not offered to the basketball program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT