ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama vs. Georgia

Not sure I would categorize Britton Johnson as a baller compared to the others. He’s done a couple nice things on the court and I wouldn’t mind seeing him get some more run, but he’s like 0-6 from three.
Not sure he has hit the rim

I think we did enough in the non-conference to avoid it being a "bad loss" for Gonzaga. Realistically I see us finishing anywhere between 16-15 to 18-13, and given the fact we have the #1 strength of schedule it may even be enough to get us in the tournament with a 16-15 record and a win in the SEC tourney. I think 17 or 18 wins guarantees a tournament bid, especially if any of those wins come against Baylor, barn, or UK.

I suspect that Bama will lose to Baylor, Auburn, and Kentucky, and each very badly.

At this point of the season, it being all but over, I'd put the five who want to play and hustle on the court and let things play out.

Reactions: Codie B
I suspect that Bama will lose to Baylor, Auburn, and Kentucky, and each very badly.

At this point of the season, it being all but over, I'd put the five who want to play and hustle on the court and let things play out.
If nothing else it would at least send a message.

Someone please explain to me how he was rated that high or what is the deal with this kid?
Probably the same ratings service that gave Davidison a 5 star and he cannot even shoot the basketball and he is a guard. I like the kid but if he is a one and done with the skills he has shown so far, NBA is sho nuff watered down.

Probably the same ratings service that gave Davidison a 5 star and he cannot even shoot the basketball and he is a guard. I like the kid but if he is a one and done with the skills he has shown so far, NBA is sho nuff watered down.
I am not sure JD ever shoots well enough to play much in the NBA. But, yes, this goes to show you why I have not watched an NBA game in over 20 years. I have not one friend who used to watch it who still does. This is just an example of how awful the league has become.

Reactions: HOUNDZTOOTH1
I am not sure JD ever shoots well enough to play much in the NBA. But, yes, this goes to show you why I have not watched an NBA game in over 20 years. I have not one friend who used to watch it who still does. This is just an example of how awful the league has become.
I have also quit sometime ago watching the NBA. Too many pre-madonnas such as LeBron.

That describes me as well and my friends. Yet the younger generation will tell you league has never been better. Comically wrong.

That describes me as well and my friends. Yet the younger generation will tell you league has never been better. Comically wrong.
None of my friends kids watch it either. Usually, the most rabid sports fans of a sport, grew up with a family who was into watching certain sports. As kids, I started watching it because mom, dad, grandpa, my uncles, my dad’s friends, etc were watching, and really into, it. You, also, watch it more if your friends are, but, again, that usually equates to some of their parents have been avidly watching it.

I have said since the Gonzaga game that our demeanor on the court was that of a teenage goth girl that stares at the ground all the time. Its pathetic. I can't watch much more of this playing flat and not giving a crap. At least that is how it looks.

None of my friends kids watch it either. Usually, the most rabid sports fans of a sport, grew up with a family who was into watching certain sports. As kids, I started watching it because mom, dad, grandpa, my uncles, my dad’s friends, etc were watching, and really into, it. You, also, watch it more if your friends are, but, again, that usually equates to some of their parents have been avidly watching it.
And not standing for the national anthem many times the last few years has not helped. TV ratings have been historically low last 2 years.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s watching sports, I am a huge Jordan fan if you can't tell by the screen name. But the NBA today has far more skilled players than back when we were growing up. JD's inability to shoot the ball is what going to cost him in his draft evaluation. It might even force him to come back another year. If he does somehow find his shot, his size and athletic abilities will shoot him into the mid first round.

That said, Alabama isn't the right fit for him. His game is getting to the basket and shooting the mid range. I got to see him in person a couple times in HS and he was pretty good at knocking down that mid range, that's not what Alabama does. He doesn't fit this system but no one can say the kid doesn't play hard...

Did not see that. Just bizarre to have a 6’10” guy who was a top 40 player 2 years ago contributing nothing. Either he was extremely over rated, is still hurt ( doubtful) or like you said there is something else going on with him and Oates.
Yep. It would be one thing if he had some big competitive battle with other 5 stars…

Biggest problem with oats is he lets games go without timeouts. I think this team could use him stopping play and giving direction. So many times he lets us get behind the 8 ball and just hopes we play out of it and it doesn’t work for this group
AMEN! My sentiments exactly!

i just seen where jd is expected to go 20th to the hawks. i dont see him near the first round right now.

Not sure he has hit the rim

He can shoot it. I've watched him for years going back to his high school days. He needs more PT so he can get acclimated to the speed of the game. Once he sees one go through I think he can be a contributor. He certainly doesn't lack on the effort/hustle.

I am trying to remember a team that played with less enthusiasm and I have been attending for many years. Wimp would have sat the ones that played with so little effort but then we play with no players. Extremely difficult to watch. Maybe be best to clean house and start anew. JD either is hurt by the poor play around him or he isn’t the player I thought he would be. My suggestion is to start fresh with the portal with players who can shoot in college proven that is. Then find a couple of hard knocking forwards who will dive in for a rebound. I had hoped they would steadily improve and learn to play together, but instead no leadership developed and all play independent of each other.

Reactions: HOUNDZTOOTH1
I am trying to remember a team that played with less enthusiasm and I have been attending for many years. Wimp would have sat the ones that played with so little effort but then we play with no players. Extremely difficult to watch. Maybe be best to clean house and start anew. JD either is hurt by the poor play around him or he isn’t the player I thought he would be. My suggestion is to start fresh with the portal with players who can shoot in college proven that is. Then find a couple of hard knocking forwards who will dive in for a rebound. I had hoped they would steadily improve and learn to play together, but instead no leadership developed and all play independent of each other.
I was on campus during Wimp Era in the early 90's. Had a class with a couple of the players. I can remember one morning after a piss poor effort game those guys came in dog ass tired. I asked them if Wimp ran their asses that morning. They said hell no he took us straight from the airport to Coleman at about midnight and ran them until they puked.

Guess you can't really do that nowadays because guys will transfer quicker then you say "portal"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT