ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama vs. Kentucky

Our guards get so loose with the ball. Was JD ranked based on how he played in 2a Alabama basketball or how he played in AAU?

Reactions: BigET84 and WAR_GA
Our guards get so loose with the ball. Was JD ranked based on how he played in 2a Alabama basketball or how he played in AAU?
They say he was good in AAU, but could of fooled me. All the videos I saw of him he was dunking on 6’3 centers in 2A. He needs another year, but you know the NBA will draft him based on upside.

Two things we have been terrible at regardless of the coach, throwing lobs and baseline inbounds. We struggle to get the ball in pretty much every time.

Kentucky says, beat us in the half court and you’re not shooting layups. And we say…ummmmm….

The Alabama band of brick layers are back on the court tonight. How nice.
Coming into the game, if somebody said Bediako holds his own, you’d think we’d be in a great spot. He’s more than held his own. JQ, Shack, JD, Ellis….they just hanging out.

Just an easy 2-14 from 3 with 9 turnovers. And we are out rebounding Kentucky bc Gary and Bediako are fighting like dogs under the basket.

I've been as patient as humanly possible but this team is horrendous at shooting. I can shoot better than this. And these guys supposedly practice every day? How is it possible to be so bad at shooting the ball if you practice? We are 14% from 3 point range and probably around 25% from the field. You could almost hit 14% shooting blindfolded! I really don't get it.

And keep in mind that many of these misses are wide open shots. It's amazing in a very bad way.

What really takes the cake, is the poor shooting on our home COURT!!!!!

If you're going to run a 3 point shooting offense, how about recruiting some players who can shoot 3s coach?

Reactions: BigET84
JD is useless. Continuously beat off the dribble defensively, big has to help, and leads to an alley. I know he will get drafted, but he’s got a LONG way to go to ever see a minute in the NBA.

Reactions: theminer1
Hard to believe how well we have been rebounding but our shooting has been atrocious!!

I seriously don't think they shoot the ball in practice. I refuse to believe it until I see some evidence of it in the games.

I’m guessing refs take over this half early and take away a little of the physicality that went on in the 1st.

That kid JD is from my neck of the woods…his family are friends of mine. But that youngin is as weak as my piss stream(for those of you who are old like me you’ll understand!). Playing against nothing talent at Calhoun has actually made him look good on one hand but screwed him on another. I had super high hopes for him this season but so far it hasn’t worked out. He has zero concept of how to play defense and I believe he is part of what is disrupting our team chemistry. Read today in a mock draft where the Hawks were supposed to draft him at #20…if that happens they are screwed!!

We can rarely hit the open guy rolling bc spacing on the backside.

That’s more than once Ellis cost us easy points bc he doesn’t help the helper.

That kid JD is from my neck of the woods…his family are friends of mine. But that youngin is as weak as my piss stream(for those of you who are old like me you’ll understand!). Playing against nothing talent at Calhoun has actually made him look good on one hand but screwed him on another. I had super high hopes for him this season but so far it hasn’t worked out. He has zero concept of how to play defense and I believe he is part of what is disrupting our team chemistry. Read today in a mock draft where the Hawks were supposed to draft him at #20…if that happens they are screwed!!
I’m sure he’s a good kid and I hope the best for him, but he’s been a massive disappointment.

We better figure something out or this is about to get ugly. Cal is laughing about a bad 50 alley that banged off the backboard. He’s not too stressed.

Three point shooting has been a disaster in conference play.....Davison, Rojas and Gurley are liabilities on offense

Reactions: adsmith4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT