ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Alabama vs. Maryland (NCAA Tournament)

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Who: No. 1 seed Alabama (30-5) vs. No. 8 seed Maryland (22-12)
When: 8:40 p.m. CT, Saturday, March 18
Where: Legacy Arena, Birmingham, Alabama
Watch: TBS (play-by-play: Jim Nantz; analyst: Bill Raftery; analyst Grant Hill; sideline: Tracy Wolfson)
Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

Maryland 11, Alabama 8 | 15:53, H1

After sinking its first four shots, Maryland has slowed down a bit.

Jahvon Quinerly leads the Crimson Tide with 5 points.

Putrid offense

We’re putting up some ugly shots

They’re pushing us around

Bama defense playing good last six minutes but not making it count on offensive possession's.

We’re playing at their pace. Looks a lot like the ucla game from a couple seasons ago

So far it’s shaping up to be that “down” game for Bama. If we can beat the Terps with this performance I like our chances going forward, even with San Diego State ahead.

Reactions: therealsquid
Alabama 21, Maryland 17 | 4:19, H1

Alabama has made five of its last seven shots, including two from Brandon Miller. Maryland hasn't scored in 2:39 and counting.

I’d love to know how many times Miller has scored off of an offensive rebound from his own shot….it’s a lot.

Halftime: Alabama 28, Maryland 23

Alabama shot just 10 of 26 from the floor and 1 of 7 from deep in the first half.

A close game tonight scares the shit outbof me with these god awful inconsistent refs! Plus no it looks like Clowney and Miller are slowed by injury! These refs thoughare so inconsistent tonight even when its an obvious foul they call it on the wrong guy! No way that last call on Miller should have went against him! He was the last guy of the three to get near the driver.

Reactions: bswest
We gotta have a burst at some point early in the second half to get enough of a lead to make Maryland work faster than they want. We're playing one of our games where we seem way too focused on one thing or another and we're not just playing ball.

I really don't want this game to be close at the end of the game. None of our guards are doing much and now Clowney seems hobbled.

Also, JQ needs to keep it cool. He started barking about something there at the end of the half and I was sure he was going to get a very cheap tech called on him. He was barking for at least the last minute and a half.

Reactions: jmillerbama
We need 7 3s this half to fall for us! Lets go Bama turn up the heat NBA JAM FIRE 🔥 !

Reactions: A300
1/7 from 3... we hit just a couple of those and this feels like a normal game where we're up 11 or so and we're poised to pull away.

Pringle can’t let their big spin to his left hand …
That was too easy

Second, these announcers do not sound as if they like Alabama . I know, I know . I don’t want to be that guy.

If Pringle doesn’t let him go to his left hand down there , the Maryland big is toast. He can’t shoot the other way
He doesn’t have a lot of patience or discipline to play the scouting report. He’s going hard wherever he thinks the guy is currently going. But that’s part of what makes him good for us. He’s 100 MPH all of the time.

Reactions: xcop
Who: No. 1 seed Alabama (30-5) vs. No. 8 seed Maryland (22-12)
When: 8:40 p.m. CT, Saturday, March 18
Where: Legacy Arena, Birmingham, Alabama
Watch: TBS (play-by-play: Jim Nantz; analyst: Bill Raftery; analyst Grant Hill; sideline: Tracy Wolfson)
Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

Is Gurley hurt? only played five or six minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT