ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Alabama vs. San Diego State (NCAA Tournament)

I tried warning Bama fans that this SDSU team would be more than a handful for Bama. Give them credit, they have dictated the pace of the game and brought Bama down in the mud with them.
If bama continues this sh1t show of a half court offense, then this will be the last game of the tournament.

This game has a the feel of tenn vs duke. The refs allowing the SDSU defense to be as handsy and physical as they want.

I keep hearing about playing at SDSU’s pace…they have shot the ball 37 times. You can’t play slow and shoot 37 times.

Reactions: cola68
Halftime: San Diego State 28, Alabama 23

Alabama missed its last six shots heading into the half.

I posted months ago Sears was a selfish player. His shot selection is atrocious
He was hitting those same shots a month or so ago. His job on this team is to score, despite his size he’s not a PG. Oats preaches to them to keep shooting, it’s his system.

I don’t have a good reason but I don’t care much for their coach.

This game is playing exactly how san diego state wants to play! Bama needs to come ot a completely different team in the second half or this season will end like every other Bama basketball season! Wake the hell up Bama! Lets Goooooooo!

I don’t have a good reason but I don’t care much for their coach.
The difference between the two teams is their point guard can get a shot at the foul line coming off a screen any time he wants and bama has no answer yet.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Bama is a 2nd half team and I fully expect them to come back. First thing they need to correct is acting like they want to play.
Then some one needs to get hot shooting the ball. JQ needs to get his head focused.

The difference between the two teams is their point guard can get a shot at the foul line coming off a screen any time he wants and bama has no answer yet.
Bama usually gives that shot up and never takes it. The difference is going to have to be Brandon Miller takes the game over and Bama is a big trouble.

He was hitting those same shots a month or so ago. His job on this team is to score, despite his size he’s not a PG. Oats preaches to them to keep shooting, it’s his system.
Ok. Good luck. He went a month with missing them.

Sometimes I just have to shake my head with our rotation pattern. I hope Bediako realizes that he is the tallest player on the floor. Too many misses at the basketball with no follow up

If bama continues this sh1t show of a half court offense, then this will be the last game of the tournament.

This game has a the feel of tenn vs duke. The refs allowing the SDSU defense to be as handsy and physical as they want.
No/ SD State does not resemble Tennessee. They play great D without fouling much.

One thing you can count on, JQ can go 0-20 but the first one he makes he’s going to find somebody to tell about it.
Sears just got the offensive rebound and had Miller WIDE open for a kickoff and I know he saw him and decided he’d rather drive it.

That’s the way (Bediako) you take it to the hole. He couldnt do that when he first got to Bama.

Sweet 16 horrors continue. Have seen this show too many times in my life. Something always happens.
RealisticWideBrocketdeer-size_restricted.gif

This is the type of game where we need to stop and shoot the wide open mid range. We are getting into places deep where we can’t do anything. Making a few mid range shots would open up some more opportunities at the rim.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Pringle is a fouling machine. Gurley playing quality minutes for us again.

Brandon Millers passing ability has improved a lot I guess. I don’t remember him doing this early in the season.

Alabama 48, San Diego 39 | 11:31, H2

Alabama looks like a different team out of the break, scoring on 12 of its 16 possessions.

Pringle is a fouling machine. Gurley playing quality minutes for us again.
Pringle needs to stop trying to take a charge everytime and start using some of that leaping ability. Gurley definitely needs more clock this game.

San Diego State 51, Alabama 48 | 8:00, H2

SDSU is on a 12-0 run as Alabama hasn't scored in 3:40 and counting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT