ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Alabama vs. San Diego State (NCAA Tournament)

Come at me all you want, but this all layups and threes isn’t sustainable for a tournament run. They have killed us in the midrange today. And I’ve said this before but their defense is smart…guard the 3 and the rim. Nothing else matters.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Mid range shot, they have fûcked us time and time again hitting the mid range shot and Oats don’t like that shot 🙄

SDSU can get that shot any time at the foul line

Miller plays very uninspired defense there

Ball game. It was a good season. There were 3 games this year that were given to the opposing team by the refs and this was definitely one of them.

Come at me all you want, but this all layups and threes isn’t sustainable for a tournament run. They have killed us in the midrange today. And I’ve said this before but their defense is smart…guard the 3 and the rim. Nothing else matters.
Because Oats only preaches 3s and lay ups. I’ve been saying it from the start of his tenure that he should let them shoot the mid range. So fücking stupid.

If anyone thinks bama has been beaten by a good team team here … just wait until they play someone who can play half court offense

Are Oats and the other coaches watching the game? They have 8 blocks and at least 7 are against JQ driving the ball into trouble.

Final: San Diego State 71 Alabama 64 Alabama ends its season at 32-5, the most wins in school history. That being said, this was a brutal end to the season for the Crimson Tide.

Reactions: grichards56
Bama deserves to lose this game. They did not come to play at all. Not focused at all.
The normal sweet sixteen Bama team showed us.
Very dis-appointing to lose after this season in this fashion. Never took the game like they wanted to be here at all.

Are Oats and the other coaches watching the game? They have 8 blocks and at least 7 are against JQ driving the ball into trouble.
Oats doesn’t make changes during the game. It’s his way or no way. Just keep doing the same shit over and over again even if the other team has an answer for it. He’s a system coach.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
very embarrassing way to close season. #1 overall seed and cant even make elite 8 and had an EASY bracket through. Bama bball never ever lives up to hype in tournament and a bad tournament for the historical record. Great season busted by a bad tournament performance, especially Miller 2/3 games. And Houston is losing so was sooo set up for them better than one could ever imagine and they choked. Took SDSU for granted.

Yet up the road UAB does better than expectations almost everytime in...even when just NIT.

Reactions: MickSabinII
Before today we were 173 in 3 point percentage. And playing against a great defense who guards the 3 well, probably shouldn’t expect much different than what happened.

FFS

Bama basketball....

One of the most abusive relationships in college sports

You set us up..

Apologize...

Give us hope..

Get us to the top...

And once again the sweet sixteen ceiling knocks us down against a team we should beat.

"I really thought he had changed this time, things were going so well, then one night in Louisville... the same place it went wrong before... I still didn't see it coming"

smh

Feels hopeless to see our best team in 40 years. Maybe best ever. And we choke so hard against a team that will probably lose in the round of 8 by 20.

The only worse game we played this year was in Norman. This one hurts.

Clowney didn't show up tonight either. More ticky tack reach in fouls that I got chastised for pointing out in the 1st round game. But I'm sure he'll be drafted in the first round solely on potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT