ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game thread: No. 10 Alabama basketball vs. Drake

Drake leads Alabama 8-6 heading into the first break. The Tide opened up by missing its first four shots before Jaden Shackelford hit a 3 to get things heated up a bit.

Alabama and Drake are tied at 14 with 11:12 left in the half. JD Davison came to play in this one. He has 2 points, two rebounds, and two assists and just had a nice alley-oop lob to Charles Bediako.

Alabama is on an 11-0 run and leads Drake 21-14 with 8:24 left in the half. Jaden Shackelford has 8 points and is 2 of 3 from beyond the arc.

Reactions: Codie B
Even when we are on runs we seem out of sync on offense. Don’t think this core is staying in the same page. A lot of passes to air thinking a guy was moving to that spot.. I think they’ll get there.

but the free throw shooting is becoming a major issue.

Alabama is on an 11-0 run and leads Drake 21-14 with 8:24 left in the half. Jaden Shackelford has 8 points and is 2 of 3 from beyond the arc.

Mind numhing turnovers. JD is clearly going to a great basketball player… we are going to need him to play WAY closer to his potential by sec play.

and we have to cut out the 5 minute brain farts. Oats refuses to use a timeout when we get out of sorts. The one thing he does that drives me nuts

horrible ending to the half. JD with 7 turnovers and we are 2-6 from the line. JQ playing like a freshman and Gary not doing a great job inside.
Shack has played well and Bediako has played well inside. Miles has played well. Also Keon has gone missing the last game and half.

horrible ending to the half. JD with 7 turnovers and we are 2-6 from the line. JQ playing like a freshman and Gary not doing a great job inside.
Shack has played well and Bediako has played well inside. Also Keon has gone missing the last game and half.
Keon has been MIA on offense for 2 and a half games now. JD trying to be more aggressive which we need buuuut it hasn’t gone well. Weird game from JQ

Reactions: bet9 and mowens75
No question JD is a freak in the making, but 7 more turnovers in the first half makes you wonder what’s going on. Also, the shot clock is turned off and we take a long 3 with 8.5 seconds left leaving them time to get a three at the horn makes me wonder what in the hell is going on (again).
ROLL TIDE!!!!

11-0 run to end the half. Davidson is as over rated as John Petty. Alabama high school basketball is pathetic.

I’m not sure what they have to do to fix it, but Bama won’t win much with only 1 or 2 players being a threat from outside. The entire offense just breaks down when guys won’t take and make open outside shots.

The announcers said Bama may have the best backcourt in the country and that could not be further from the truth at the moment. Shack, Q, Davison and Gurley are 7-10th in win share on the team…that tells you all you need to know about who is getting it done and who isn’t.

Reactions: Codie B
I love Gary. And I think Gurley has more upside than him in offense but I think athletically he offers the same thing Gary does. When our guards are playing well, those two will only be better.

Reactions: mowens75
11-0 run to end the half. Davidson is as over rated as John Petty. Alabama high school basketball is pathetic.

7 turnovers dude. Have seen this story before- Trevor Lacey, John Petty, etc. Currently a detriment. Alabama high school basketball. Same ole story.

Truth hurts.
25486943.gif

Reactions: jtr4dad
Alabama leads Drake 44-38 with 15:21 to play. Alabama is just 3 of 13 from beyond the arc.

This looks like the Cal game last year. This team needs to jell and I believe it will in time. No need to bash them as some “self absorbed” fans are doing.

Reactions: bet9
Alabama is clinging to a 52-50 lead over Drake with 10:26 remaining. Juwan Gary has been massive. He has 11 points, 7 rebounds and two steals.

So does the Kansas loss today mean if we win this game we play Kansas?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT