ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 3 Alabama at Auburn

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Who: No. 3 Alabama (21-3, 11-0 in the SEC) at Auburn (17-7, 7-4)

When: 1 p.m. CT, Saturday, Feb. 11

Where: Neville Arena, Auburn, Ala.

Watch: ESPN (play-by-play: Dan Shulman; analyst: Jay Bilas; sideline: Holly Rowe)

Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

My 8 year old woke up this morning and said “I had a bad dream…Auburn beat us by 20.” Hope it was just a bad dream…

Auburn could very well win, but I highly doubt it will be 20.
I hope not. But I know where we are playing today and haven’t forgot what happened against Oklahoma. But I’m hoping it’s by 20 the other way around.

I think as bama defends AU’s guards so goes the game.
Jayden can take these guards to the rim and should have a nice game.
But whoever is guarding the guards , they cannot let them go off from the three point line

I know AU’s guards like to shoot from near half court:

if they can make that then you have to live with that but have a hand in the face

To say they are being aggressive and physical on Miller is an understatement.
Hopefully we can get the ball inbounds today. It’s hard enough for us normally, it’ll be harder today.

Reactions: tomg505
Last year with a start like this in this environment, we are down 14-2.

Auburn 9, Alabama 6 | 15:12, H1

After looking a little shook to start the game, the Crimson Tide is settling in a bit.

Reactions: Codie B
Auburn 18, Alabama 13 | 11:18, H1

Auburn's perimeter defense is stifling Alabama. The Tigers are swarming the Crimson Tide beyond the arc, daring them to drive to the lane. So far, Alabama hasn't been able to capitalize.

That last exchange was simply embarrassing…3-4 guys staring waiting for someone to get the ball and Johnson finally realized the Bama guys are frozen and takes it….just awful

Auburn 22, Alabama 19 | 8:00, H1

Alabama has made four of its last five shots and is shooting 62% from the floor, including 2 of 4 from beyond the arc.

Rylan Griffen and Nimari Burnett both have 5 points off the bench.

Reactions: bet9
We are hanging in this game where in the past we would have been run out of this gym playing like this. I expect it to be close but if we can find a way to settle in and start playing well, we could take this thing over.

Burnett can’t pass there .. he has noone guarding him at all.
That was a good foul by Burnett .. boneheaded pass good foul

Reactions: BamaLegacy
Alabama 37, Auburn 37 | 28.4, H1

Alabama is going to finish the half shooting better than 60% but might not have a lead to show for it.

Halftime: Alabama 37, Auburn 37

Alabama shot 63% from the floor but was just 3 of 9 from 3.

Brandon Miller leads the Tide with 8 points while Mark Sears Rylan Griffen and Nimari Burnett all have 5 points apiece.

Reactions: NavyGunner
We did little right in the first 12 minutes and settled down on the backside of the half. We hit a few shots and not turn it over we are good. Roll Tide !

Here's what Nate Oats said to the Crimson Tide Sports Network at halftime:

"We gotta quit fouling. They've been living at the free-throw line. We can't get in transition. We gotta play faster. We gotta get a little tougher. We're down in Blue Collar Points. We're down on the glass. We gotta be a little better."

Reactions: bet9 and mrtsmi
I say let’s slow down Williams and Green on the perimeter. No 2nd shots for them. Counter the pressure better on offense. Find ways to get Miller shots.

This drop coverage against Green seems stupid. Thought we’d adjust that at the half but guess not.

Why didn’t we adjust to this Green pick and roll at the half? Or even during the first half. Still killing us with it

As bad a call as you will see against Bradley. I am not the complainer some are about officiating, but there is NO WAY Auburn should have 23 FT attempts vs 8.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT