ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 4 Alabama basketball vs. No. 18 Texas A&M (SEC Tournament final)

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014

How to watch​

Who: No. 4 Alabama (28-5) vs. No. 18 Texas A&M (25-8)
When: Noon CT, Sunday, March 12
Where: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
Watch: ESPN (play-by-play: Karl Ravech; analyst: Dick Vitale; sideline: Marty Smith)
Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

Reactions: Codie B
The team is shooting better in warm-ups hopefully that will mean less of a brick fest from 3 in the first half for the Tide.

Terry Oglesby, Don Daily, and Steven Anderson on the whistle today for the Alabama-A&M game.

Alabama 16, Texas A&M 7 | 15:23, H1

Alabama is on an 8-0 run and has opened the game 4 of 6 from deep.

Alabama 18, Texas A&M 10 | 11:55, H1

Brandon Miller and Noah Clowney both have two fouls for Alabama.

Alabama hasn't hit a shot in the last 3:47

Alabama 33, Texas A&M 17 | 3:52, H1

Alabama has four starters — Bediako, Clowney, Miller and Sears — with two fouls apiece.

Texas A&M hasn't made a FG in 7:14 and counting.

Even when teams play lax full court man-to-man I don't know why we don't get a big to come up and backscreen to get out guards going down hill. I know this is more of a zone.

Watching JQ out there today is why you don’t listen to the fans and just toss out a talented player just because he might struggle from time to time.

If and when Sears gets his shot completely back, this team will make a long run in the tourney.

Halftime: Alabama 34, Texas A&M 23

Alabama held Texas A&M to 6 of 29 from the floor in the first half.

Jahvon Quinerly leads the Crimson Tide with 13 points on 5 of 8 shooting, including 3 of 4 from deep.

I couldn’t understand why we had Miller in up 14 late in the half. It almost feels like the only way we lose is for him to foul out.

• Sad
Reactions: xcop
Why in the @$%@ do we always wait until there are 5-6 seconds on the final clock before we try to make a move for the final shot. I know what's going to happen every time. Exactly what just happened to Bradley. We do it every time. Make your move with 10 to go. Stop worrying about the opponent getting a rebound and going the length of the floor. Geez.

Reactions: xcop
I couldn’t understand why we had Miller in up 14 late in the half. It almost feels like the only way we lose is for him to foul out.
I didn't have have much of an issue with that as I did with Miller's stupid foul. Guy is dribbling out at top of key and you feel like you have to be all over him with 2 fouls.

Alabama 45, Texas A&M 32 | 14:55, H2

Charles Bediako: 10 points, nine rebounds, three blocks

Jahvon Quinerly: 18 points, three rebounds, one steal (7 of 12 shooting, including 4 of 7 from deep).

Alabama 58, Texas A&M 48 | 7:39, H2

Wade Taylor IV picks up his fourth foul for the Aggies. He has just 5 points on 1 of 9 shooting today.

Might have missed it but why hasn’t Burnett been in?
Wondered the same thing late in the first half when fouls started rolling up. Have to assume since he hasn't played at all that he's out for one reason or another.

I swear the side court official near Buzz has to ready to slap him. Every single time there's a clock stop he's in that official's ear.

Take that you shitty refs! The ball dont lie! Thats why right after that terrible tech, a&m got their face dunked on!💪🏽💪🏿💪

Okay. I was praying we'd get to the 5 minute mark before we committed 7 fouls and put A&M in the 1 and 1 bonus since they make a living winning games at the free throws line. Bama committed its 7th foul at the 5:02 mark and A&M missed the front end of the 1 and 1.

Last edited:
A SWEET SWEET WIN!!

Probably our best overall game since January!

Destroyed them on the boards and kept them from getting half their points on the free throw line.

Biggest thing was the fouls were mostly even. They had a few more than us until near the end. Hard for them when they can't get a foul every other possession.

Reactions: StablerCountry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT