ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 4 Alabama vs. No. 25 Missouri (SEC Tournament)

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Who: No. 4 Alabama (27-5) vs. No. 25 Missouri (24-8)

When: Noon CT, Saturday, March 11

Where: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee

Watch: ESPN (play-by-play: Karl Ravech; analyst: Jimmy Dykes; sideline: Marty Smith)

Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

Last edited:
Reactions: Codie B
The team was not hitting in warm-ups and it is showing so far in the game, very slow start from outside. Also forcing some marginal looks from 3, 0-8 so far.

Alabama 11, Missouri 7 | 12:05, H1

Alabama is on a 6-0 run as Missouri hasn't scored in 3:37 and counting. The Tigers have missed their last five shots.

Reactions: StablerCountry
If Bama was hitting threes they would be up by 15. If they could get hot shooting. Playing great defense right now.

It is very cool in here by the way on the court. I assume there is ice under the floor. I'm pretty warm typically and I'm almost wanting to grab my jacket. I wonder if that is having an impact as well. It is much colder than most games I've been to this year on the floor.

Take Sears the F out holy shit he has fallen off! He cant throw it in the ocean!

I still think they need to shoot less at that time of the year. Oats said they’ve shot more lately. Obviously that isn’t working.
Defense and rebounding have been great. Other than that, eh.

I know Clowney just hit a three but again...why are we beating up the rim so bad on our three point shooting?

Alabama 22, Missouri 14 | 6:10, H1

Noah Clowney finally hits a 3 for Alabama. The Crimson Tide is 1 of 12 from beyond the arc.

Sick and tired of some of the stupidity of some of our players. What was Burnett doing there?

And I'm tired of hearing how Mizzou plays physical defense. They are all over our ball handlers and no calls. I could stop Quinerly and Sears on the drive if I were allowed to drape myself all over them.

Alabama 29, Missouri 26 | 1:12, H1

Missouri has made five of its last six shots to make things close.

Noah Clowney has 11 points on 4 of 6 shooting, including 2 of 4 from deep.

• Angry
Reactions: Codie B
I mean. We have the lead and can’t shoot much worse.. in all fairness they haven’t shot well either. Gotta get the guards hitting some 3s or I’m not sure we get out of here with a W

Reactions: vegas man
His momma tweeting for more playing time and Sears’ game has disappeared
I said when that happened how stupid that was and how it could affect everything. Maybe it hasn’t. But everybody reads it. Everybody feels it. It matters.

Reactions: cola68
Halftime: Alabama 31, Missouri 29

Alabama comes away with a halftime lead despite shooting just 2 of 15 from deep in the first period.

Noah Clowney leads the Tide with 11 points while Brandon Miller has 4 points and eight rebounds after getting into early foul trouble.

I said when that happened how stupid that was and how it could affect everything. Maybe it hasn’t. But everybody reads it. Everybody feels it. It matters.
And he gets a ton of playing time on a team that rotates lots of players. That's why this team has been so successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT