ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: No. 8 Alabama vs. No. 1 Houston

Alabama 22, Houston 21 | 3:45, H1

Alabama has 11 turnovers to Houston's 3, but the Crimson Tide is winning the rebounding battle 23-13.

Reactions: bet9
When a team is allowed to foul at will there are going to be turnovers but our team has been called for traveling 4 times. Can't have that. And for God's sake hit your FREE THROW!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Codie B
JQ can’t play until he realizes there are other guys on his team.

Oh look @aggietider not only did Bama score with JQ in the game like i went out on a limb and stated, but JQ was the one scoring :eek:
You got it! 3 points and FIVE turnovers!! That’s great from the elite veteran PG. he should score since he’s going to shoot it almost he gets it, or turn it over trying to shoot.

You're not going to get a foul in this game. Get stronger or get out, those are you only options with these refs.
Wait, you said leave them out there and let them play through it! JQ can’t play through that.

Halftime: Houston 31, Alabama 27

The Crimson Tide failed to score over the last 3:29 of the half. Brandon Miller is 0-7 from the floor and 0-4 from 3

Here's a look at the halftime stats

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-10 145942.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-10 145942.png
    610.3 KB · Views: 5
4 traveling calls in the 1st half. Why do we keep traveling? I have not seen the #’s yet, but from my eyes, we have been awful from the FT line. That 3 right before half was a REAL DAGGER!

Wait, you said leave them out there and let them play through it! JQ can’t play through that.
That was more of an expression, I'm not calling for Nate to pull anyone out of the game. Like playing on the blacktop growing up, get strong or get gone. You didn't call fouls unless you saw blood.

That was more of an expression, I'm not calling for Nate to pull anyone out of the game.
Somebody needs to call him. JQ can get to the rim. It’s really not his fault but we need to see it somehow. It’s hard enough to drive the ball against this team. It’s even harder when it’s 1 on 1 and the help just gets to stand there and watch ready to help. Ball has to move and while we don’t move it great, it doesn’t move at all with JQ until he realizes he can’t shoot it.

Getting hurt in drop so we double in one possession and give up an and 1. They are rolling right now.

Our half court “offense” is such a joke. High ball screen and everybody else stand and watch.

Griffin may not be ready for this. JQ isn’t passing the ball unless he absolutely has no other choice.

Reactions: TideFan35
In this game, Bradley is better than Sears and JQ. He’s strong and athletic enough to finish. Those 2 just get knocked off or get their shot pounded.

Reactions: TideFan35
Clowney, Bradley and Gurley met the challenge today..:Miller does not play well vs physical teams

JQ driving into trouble, getting his shot blocked and flopping when he didn’t get touched leaving us 4 in 5 and forcing us to foul.

The freshman guards can absorb the contact and still get somewhere.

Houston 51, Alabama 44 | 10:44, H2

Alabama has made four of its last five shots.

Noah Clowney leads the Crimson Tide with 10 points and seven rebounds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT