ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga

Zach_12

All Conference
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2019
I've kept up with Gonzaga all year and knew they were great, but I've now come to the conclusion that there is not a team that's beating them this year. I feel like Bama or Baylor are the two teams that could give them a game, but I don't feel confident in saying that one of them could beat them. They are too good on every level. I don't want to knock other teams because in any other year I feel like 4 of the remaining teams could win it all, however, this Gonzaga team just seems to be unplayable. Let me know what you guys think

Reactions: 50 Pesos and bet9
I've kept up with Gonzaga all year and knew they were great, but I've now come to the conclusion that there is not a team that's beating them this year. I feel like Bama or Baylor are the two teams that could give them a game, but I don't feel confident in saying that one of them could beat them. They are too good on every level. I don't want to knock other teams because in any other year I feel like 4 of the remaining teams could win it all, however, this Gonzaga team just seems to be unplayable. Let me know what you guys think
It would take them being really off and the opponent playing lights out. They are definitely the best team. Not likely to get beat. Possible but not likely.

Reactions: bet9 and Zach_12
I’m guessing they haven’t seen a team quite like us, if we can make it there. But against Gonzaga, our style could give us a chance or get us blown out.

Reactions: Zach_12 and xcop
If bama does play them and loses they will have lost to the last 2 undefeated teams in the tournament. 76 Indiana and 21 Zags.

Reactions: xcop and budog
Looking at their Schedule, they have really built and reputation is the first seven games of the season! They played Kansas, Auburn, West Virginia , Virginia. Won those games and played BYU three times and won that game. West Virginia played them the closes. Are they that good or have they benefited from playing in not so strong conference. I am definitely not blown away by their athleticism. But they do share the ball and play well together.

Reactions: xcop and EugDan
I had only watched ESPN Sportscentrr highlights of Gonzaga this season until today. They look really well coached, skilled basketball that are really hitting on all cylinders. They play with enthusiasm showcasing the beauty of the game. Moreover, their athleticism is understated and undervalued.

With that being stated, they’re not indomitable or overwhelming. The team that beats them must be playing at a high level. A team with length, athleticism and good to great outside shooters who are strong with ball, value every possession and play active defense with hands in passing lanes, while moving their feet to stay in front of their man, can beat them.

If we play like we did against LSU in Baton Rouge, we will beat them convincingly.

Reactions: xcop and bet9
Alabama would destroy Gonzaga but unfortunately we have to play UCLA today. Really sucks because I wanted to beat their ass pretty bad. Just wished we could've been a 8 seed.

• Wow
Reactions: xcop and CrmsnTusk4
I still lean Baylor as the best team in the country, followed closely by the Zags. I do think it's a gap between them and the 3-5 best teams in the country. However, all it takes is one off night, and neither of them is cutting down the nets.

The Ucla vs Gonzaga game will be a good one, well unless fsu or Michigan beat them but I just don't see that happening, not with the way they're currently playing.
You pretty much suck all the way around.

They make teams play at their pace like UCLA but way better. Bama matches up better than anybody if they can shoot light out and make them run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT