ADVERTISEMENT

How to watch: Alabama basketball vs. Clemson in Holiday Hoopsgiving

Shaq just can't get it going tonight, 3 straight Clemson turnovers and we can't convert. Clemson playing tight down the stretch...

WTF is Shack doing...if you are ice cold you have ZERO business jacking up early shots in transition with no rebounding or offense run at all.
You tell coach oats you don't want a open 3 on transition because one of the most consistent scorers on the team is having a bad night. 10 times out of 10 he will want that open 3

Believe Primo is about to take his starting position. Shack may be better off the bench.

Well loved the team effort . Didn’t quit . A lot too learn from though . We are slowly getting better . But nowhere near where we need to be for conference play

Sucks losing a winnable game to a soon to betop 20 team. But playing Reese is something we just can't do. Techs. Turnovers. Passes off his hands. Say what you want about Shack, he's been the most consistently good player on the team on all previous games. WE LOOK LIKE WE HAVNT PLAYED IN 2 WEEKS. oh wait, we habnt

The best game in game out? Come on,
Man. He’s been a decent player, but when he’s bad... he’s really bad.
Have you watched our games? Hes consistently our top scorer game in and game out. Stop being emotional off 1 game with him after sitting for 2 weeks. 3 pt shooting teams play off consistency and you can't do that without playing

Sucks losing a winnable game to a soon to betop 20 team. But playing Reese is something we just can't do. Techs. Turnovers. Passes off his hands. Say what you want about Shack, he's been the most consistently good player on the team on all previous games. WE LOOK LIKE WE HAVNT PLAYED IN 2 WEEKS. oh wait, we habnt

Shack was shooting 36% from the field BEFORE this game...that is not efficient...he just shoots a lot. He plays really hard and is clearly competitive, but he tends to be a ball hog and it hurt Bama tonight (to be fair, he wasn’t alone).

Reactions: Codie B
I thought we were recruiting more basketball players, which would include basketball IQ....

You're delusional and probably give out 8th place trophies

Nobody has better wins in the entire country. Hard to play after 2 weeks off. On to the next one. Now to hear all you crybabies talk about we will never win another game

Reactions: bamabeatallday
We aren't good right now, but seriously can't give up this early. The SEC isn't good so we can find a way to get better. Also we have to understand and I was killed for saying something similar last year....we aren't going to be a great team when your top guys are these seniors. Love these guys, but they aren't great "basketball" players. They can play good D at times and hit some big 3's, but can't do the basic b'ball plays with any kind of control. We have to have some of these young guys step up with the talent they have and be the reason we get better. So let's forget this one and hope we see a better team come out next one and from here on out.

Nobody has better wins in the entire country. Hard to play after 2 weeks off. On to the next one. Now to hear all you crybabies talk about we will never win another game

Hard to play after 2 weeks off? Tell Saban that. See what he has to say about that lame ass excuse.

If anything, this should have given us 2 weeks to watch film, prepare and come out and execute a gameplan to beat Clemson. Instead, we get the same bullshit and look like shit.

You're delusional and probably give out 8th place trophies
No at all. No team has better wins that clemson. We havnt played in 2 weeks and good 3 pt teams rely on consistency. It is what it is. on to the next one and get to hear yall cry about us never winning another game LMAO. Not surprisingly because real basketball isn't taught in the south

So I didn't watch but saw the 3/22 from beyond the arc. WTF? Bama is supposed to be a three point shooting team. Smh.

Hard to plat after 2 weeks off? Tell Saban that. See what he has to say about that lame ass excuse.

If anything, this should have given us 2 weeks to watch film, prepare and come out and execute a gameplan to beat clemson. Instead, we get the same bullshit and look like shit
What is plat? Do you no speak English? Or just quit school after 6th grade? I love beating a good providence team and you saying the same BS. expect nothing less bc you were pretty quiet that game lmao

Shack is talented and one of the hardest working guys on the team but tries too hard to make something happen. Gets out of control at times. He hurt us tonight but Petty disappearing was the difference to me.

So I didn't watch but saw the 3/22 front beyond the arc. WTF? Bama is supposed to be a three point shooting team. Smh.
They made it hard. I think our biggest problem tonight and many nights is we just can't get open one in the half court against good defensive teams. We can't break the defense down to make people help. And we have zero movement in our zone offense we play against man.

At some point we gotta start winning these toss-up noncon games. We have to find ways to win when we are not having the best shooting night
Live and die by the 3. Just wasn't hitting like the previous few games. We were favorited by 1 but was given a 67% chance to lose. Thats not a toss up game and clemson has the best resume in America

Shack is talented and one of the hardest working guys on the team but tries too hard to make something happen. Gets out of control at times. He hurt us tonight but Petty disappearing was the difference to me.
Previously hes been great and scoring over 15 every game. Just wasn't his night.

Bama lost the game long before our run ran out of gas, but Shack singlehanded killed our momentum. Let them get a layup, missed a couple forced shots in close, couple turnovers, and a couple missed 3s all after we had gotten a 1 point lead. Coach should have yanked him before that first forced three as he had already cost us and obviously wasn't into the flow of the game.

I like most of what we're getting from Oats but we have to get out of this 1 on 2 isolation crap we've done a lot of this year. I have to assume we're doing it on purpose we do it so much but it isn't going to work against a team with a pulse on D. So many terrible drives in the first half where it was 1 on 2 or worse followed by a forced shot that had little chance of being hit.

We basically let Clemson hold us down because we kept trying to take what we thought they were giving us but we were playing into their hands every time.

Reactions: mtmax
Live and die by the 3. Just wasn't hitting like the previous few games. We were favorited by 1 but was given a 67% chance to lose. Thats not a toss up game and clemson has the best resume in America
I’m not disrespecting Clemson, they are a very good team. However, we’re a good team as well and we all know that we should have won that game. Can’t let Clemson go on a 10-1 run for the rest of the game after we battle back and are up 55-54 with 6:10 to go.

Missouri claims you're wrong. Two wins over top 10 teams.
Valid point. But give me ua, Purdue, and Maryland over some trash teams voted top 10 before they even stepped on the court this year

Newsflash. You still have no idea how cbb works if you didn't think we'd come back. No surprise there.
Been watching college basketball much longer than you have been alive. 3-22 from 3 and out rebounded 38-24. One point in final 6:10. Newsflash- they lost. Again- you are delusional. LMAO. Wrong as usual.

Reactions: BaselineLeaner4
Bama lost the game long before our run ran out of gas, but Shack singlehanded killed our momentum. Let them get a layup, missed a couple forced shots in close, couple turnovers, and a couple missed 3s all after we had gotten a 1 point lead. Coach should have yanked him before that first forced three as he had already cost us and obviously wasn't into the flow of the game.

I like most of what we're getting from Oats but we have to get out of this 1 on 2 isolation crap we've done a lot of this year. I have to assume we're doing it on purpose we do it so much but it isn't going to work against a team with a pulse on D. So many terrible drives in the first half where it was 1 on 2 or worse followed by a forced shot that had little chance of being hit.

We basically let Clemson hold us down because we kept trying to take what we thought they were giving us but we were playing into their hands every time.
We need consistent play and in basketball the only way to do so is to consistently play. Not 1 game in 2 weeks versus one of the best teams in america

Have you watched our games? Hes consistently our top scorer game in and game out. Stop being emotional off 1 game with him after sitting for 2 weeks. 3 pt shooting teams play off consistency and you can't do that without playing
Shack needs to be a better version of Charvez Davis. Catch and shoot. He’s a volume scorer and tonight it hurt us. It has in the past. His shooting percentage isn’t very good, but would improve if he stopped trying to take it to the basket. Not his game at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT