ADVERTISEMENT

How will Saturday's game play out? (Score predictions)

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Alabama will hold its SEC home-opener on Saturday as it hosts Ole Miss at 2:30 p.m. CT on CBS. The Crimson Tide enters the matchup as 38-point favorites, according to VegasInsider.com.

Alabama has won its past three meetings against Ole Miss and has outscored the Rebels 176-53 over that span. Alabama holds a 54-10-2 advantage overall in the series. Ole Miss is the last team to beat Alabama at home, coming away with a 43-37 win in 2015. Since then, the Crimson Tide has won 28 straight games inside of Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Today's question — How will Saturday's game play out?

Kyle Henderson: 62-10 Alabama is my score prediction. I have a feeling that the defense really steps up in this game and causes multiple turnovers. That is why I went with Patrick Surtain II as my MVP. I foresee him with two interceptions with one taken to the house. Another blowout expected.

Tony Tsoukalas: This one might not be quite as lopsided as recent games between Alabama and Ole Miss, but it will still be decided by halftime. I’m looking at three things from this game. How does Deonte Brown perform? Can Alabama avoid injuries? Can Tua Tagovailoa keep up this ridiculous pace? I say yes to the latter as the quarterback throws five touchdowns for a third straight week. Alabama 52, Ole Miss 10.

What's your take?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News