ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Four-star 2025 LB talks Alabama offer, possible visit with Crimson Tide

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
Alabama is set to host a talented group of visitors in June for official visits as the coaching staff looks to add more elite talent to its Class of 2025. While the Tide already has several top targets, the coaching staff continues to dole out offers and possibly add even more visitors in the summer and fall.

On Wednesday, One of those recent offers was dished out to four-star linebacker Herbert Scroggins III. Scroggins is ranked as the No. 29 outside linebacker in the class and plays for Benedictine Military School in Savannah, Georgia. Though he’s only recently picked up an offer, Scroggins has been on the Tide’s radar for some time. Linebackers coach Christian Robinson visited the talented linebacker twice before extending an offer after positive reviews from the rest of the staff of Scroggins’ film.

“It felt Amazing,” Scoggins said. “A lot was going through my head because it’s Alabama you don’t see a lot of Alabama offers out there so it showed it meant something.”

Scroggins said Robinson gave him a straightforward breakdown of Alabama during their conversations. Robinson went in-depth about the new coaching staff and the type of players Alabama is looking for in its 2025 class. Scroggins also said the offer greatly boosted the Tide on his list of schools, which also includes Auburn, Tennessee and Missouri among other Power Five offers.

“Their legacy stands [out], and the people who went through that program and became NFL draft picks,” Scroggins said. “It makes it a place where I can be very successful at what I do and that’s playing football.”

Alabama is recruiting Scroggins for the “Bandit” position in Kane Wommack’s system. The position calls for a versatile player who can line up at the 9-technique (outside the tight end), 5-technique (on the outside shoulder of the tackle) or 4i-technique (on the inside of the tackle) spot. The 6-foot-3, 233-pound Scroggins totaled 84 tackles, including 10 for loss and 12 sacks in his junior season.

Though the Tide has put itself in the mix for Scroggins’ services, communication will be key in his recruitment. He wants to continue to get to know the staff and develop relationships as his recruitment continues. Scroggins hasn’t yet visited Alabama but wants to travel to Tuscaloosa for a workout and to meet the rest of the coaching staff. No plans have been set yet, but Scroggins said both a summer workout and an official visit could be in the works. He has not yet set a commitment date.

Scroggins' possible summer trip to Alabama will have to come in the midst of a busy schedule for the rising senior. In addition to official visits to Tennesee and Auburn, Scroggins will also visit North Carolina on May 31 and Miami on June 21.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News