ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll say this...

TideFanatic

All American
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2007
This is strange and terrible time we’re living in and I wish we could get along and work together which is what I thought we were doing. I base that on the way I treat people and people I associate with treat people. I’m gonna go on treating every person with respect and giving respect until I can no longer do that because of their behavior regardless of color. I am not a racist and never have been.
My family fought for the confederacy but never owned a slave. I love history and hate the thoughts of losing the monuments of the confederacy but it appears I’ll have to adjust. I am afraid this will cause deep resentment among many white people though. This does not help the cause.
If we had statues of the KKK I’d understand because of their sole purpose, but slavery wasn’t the primary reason for the war. I am glad the union won because it did abolish slavery and we did not need to be divided as a country nor do we need to be divided now.
Racism works both ways. I have been the victim of racism. I was spit on by a black boy in high school that was full of white hate. I did not provoke him and I did not retaliate. It was humiliating. I was small at the time and he picked on a smaller kid. Very impressive. I do mean an intentional and deliberate loogie on my chest. This does not help the cause.
I’ve hired African-Americans only to be accused of racism and it blow up in my face. More than once. If you can do the job, I don’t what color you are. I had to call the police on one and hire an attorney for another. This does not help the cause.
I know people are frustrated and scared at another senseless death but I cannot respect violence and destruction of property and life. This does not help the cause.
The police do need to be more cautious and sensitive but they’re in a tough spot because they never know who’s packing a gun. I’ve seen many videos on blacks being hostile during a routine stop. This does not help the cause.
What about the fat kid that got picked on or bullied? The four-eyed kid? The handicapped child? The ugly girl? The weird kid? Does it really matter why you got mistreated? As I saw in another post, it’s not the skin, it’s the sin.
As always, many suffer for the actions of a few. This does not help the cause.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News