ADVERTISEMENT

I just can't let this go

winin11

All American
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2011
The Southeastern Conference released its players of the week etc. and despite Brandon Millers numbers dwarfing everyone else in points, rebounds and other stats, they flat out snubbed him. Is our own SEC gone "woke" now?
Thats actually the 2nd snub this season, but this last week was clearly botched.
This is not a national publication, but our own conference doing this. Greg Sankey who I really admire has been really silent on the Miller debate and I can't get my head around what's going on inside the Birmingham offices.
Anyone else got a problem with that? I know in the overall scheme of things that Brandon Miller isn't going to lose any sleep over this, because overall it's no big deal, but it became one with me because I thought highly of our conference administrators. Until now.

The Southeastern Conference released its players of the week etc. and despite Brandon Millers numbers dwarfing everyone else in points, rebounds and other stats, they flat out snubbed him. Is our own SEC gone "woke" now?
Thats actually the 2nd snub this season, but this last week was clearly botched.
This is not a national publication, but our own conference doing this. Greg Sankey who I really admire has been really silent on the Miller debate and I can't get my head around what's going on inside the Birmingham offices.
Anyone else got a problem with that? I know in the overall scheme of things that Brandon Miller isn't going to lose any sleep over this, because overall it's no big deal, but it became one with me because I thought highly of our conference administrators. Until now.
Good points.

He should be the SEC POTY or at least SEC Freshman POTY. This one week was a snub, but will it happen for SEC and national awards also?

Look I feel very much compassion for the victim and her family, but unless they come up with some crime Brandon Miller committed, the media and journalist and fans should leave him alone and reward him with what he earns.

It is a modern day witch hunt. Like I said before, the people who make up juries are the same people wanting Brandon Miller punished.

The SEC office understands public relations folks. Not sure too many in Tuscaloosa do at this time.

Reactions: dave228
Kid from Arkansas scored 50 points in 2 games/ freshman of the week.

Guy from Kentucky shot 87 % in 2 wins. They had other options and took the safe route.

I think it's OK for him to just quietly do his thing right now and stay out of the headlines for the next month or so. Maybe, the SEC thought it was better not to put him in the limelight for a bit?

Reactions: frazor
No/ Miller scored 40 against S Carolina.
You are correct, I was wrong on which game Miller scored over 40. But we did beat Arkansas and without looking it up, I believe Miller scored more points in the same time frame. Miller just had a better week on the court than the Arkansas guy and has a head to head win.

The SEC is just being a little weak and seems to be trying to punish Miller even though they can’t come up with anything to suspend him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT