ADVERTISEMENT

If Hurts starts last night.....

205GoD

All American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
I wonder are things different. Saban changed his whole offensive mind state with Tua at QB and the awesome WRs we have. We pretty much become pass first and pass happy. The last time we did so was in 2014 with Sims and we lost to Ohio State.

Saban won championship after championship playing tough defense 1st, run first, ball control football limiting mistakes on offense, which Hurts was great at. Hurts’ 2 losses were an average of one score, one to the hottest team in America at the time on the road in the games biggest rivalry and the other to a once in a lifetime Vince Young type performance from one of the GOaT college QBs Deshaun Watson. However, we got into a shootout last night early and 2 huge interceptions sealed our fate (Hurts never threw a pick 6). This was a huge reason Saban was hesitant to insert Tua last season. Sabans QBs as a matter fact rarely did this, Tuas had 2 pick 6s in his career. Yes, we needed Tua last year to wake us up vs UGA but I’m not sure this style was best vs Clemson this year. I think we make it to the champ game with either QB. Tuas played worst against teams with elite athletes, I.e. UGA, Clemson so really not much different from Hurts. Hurts saved us vs UGA. Also, after years of relying on defense, our defense didn’t know how to react when they HAD to make a stop because all year it was pass happy score big and they never had to win a game. When obviously we could run all night, we had to pass to come from behind from the start.

Clemson had never held a Hurts led offense to less than 3 TDs. Alabama scored more versus better Clemson defense’s with Hurts at QB. Yes, Tua threw for records but in the championship games he played the worst. You have to ask would Hurts have saved us last night like the SECCG?

If we play run first ball control offense with no turnovers with Hurts, I think we win last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News