ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Versatile four-star DB Jamarrion Gordon commits to Alabama

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
Story from @henrysklar

Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer landed his first commitment from the Class of 2026 on Saturday. Four-star in-state cornerback Jamarrion “Juice” Gordon announced a verbal pledge to the Crimson Tide.

Gordon, who plays for Jackson (AL) High School, chose the Crimson Tide over several elite programs, including Miami and Tennessee. The four-star ranks No. 53 nationally, No. 3 in Alabama and No. 6 at the safety position. Though he recently released a top 10 schools list, Gordon's relationship with the new staff made him feel ready to advance his recruiting process and commit to the in-state Crimson Tide.

"It's the coaching staff, it's close to home and Alabama is already a winning program," Gordon told Rivals. "This new staff is top now. At first, I wasn't really messing with it, but it changed when DeBoer came in and coach Mo (Linguist) started recruiting me.

"He is straightforward, doesn't beat around the bush, telling you what's right and wrong."

The 6-foot, 180-pound versatile defensive back has long been on Alabama’s board during both the Nick Saban and DeBoer regimes. Gordon took multiple visits to Tuscaloosa under the previous coaching staff and visited campus again on April 9 where the new staff also offered him. Since that spring visit, Linguist quickly developed a relationship with the in-state prospect, while Gordon also sees his game aligning with how Alabama's secondary operates.

"I love how their DBs play physical," Gordon told Rivals. "I love playing physical ball, even getting involved in the run game a lot. Also man coverage."

In addition to his growing relationship with the staff, Gordon has also developed relationships with Alabama freshman wide receiver Ryan Williams — whom Gordon faced off against in high school — and defensive back Red Morgan. Many factors played into Gordon’s decision to commit to Alabama, but relationships with family members and a winning culture stuck out to him.

“How the coaches treat my mother and father is important to me,” Gordon. “I see myself fitting in pretty good. Alabama is a winning program and that's what I like to do. I like to win.”

DeBoer and his staff are getting off to a nice start in the 2026 class with the addition of Gordon. Though he's listed as a safety, he sees himself being able to play multiple positions in the secondary at the next level. Gordon's commitment continues a growing trend of the new coaching staff recruiting versatile defensive backs to help create depth in the secondary in future seasons.

"They're getting a dog," Gordon told Rivals. "Work ethic is good and I'm a coachable player. I'm ready to get up there and work.

"Roll Tide!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News