ADVERTISEMENT

IMO This treatment of Brandon Miller by the media

StablerCountry

All American
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2016
is becoming borderline harassment. Especially some reporters and is spurring fans in the stadiums to take things to a level that should not be allowed.
The media focus and comments by professionals like Charles Barkley is pushing a public narrative of guilty even if not charged with a crime. Barkley uses his situation to take a shot at the state of Alabama even though what he said is not even close to the truth.
The ESPN focus on it during this tournament is stupid and should stop.
JMHO

Agreed. He had to field another question less than five minutes from finishing the game today by Marty. Screw that. It's obvious they're trying to say Brandon, if you're going to play the game of basketball, you're going to be punished. You're going to answer questions about this each and every time we talk to you. It's very strange and disappointing and sad.

is becoming borderline harassment. Especially some reporters and is spurring fans in the stadiums to take things to a level that should not be allowed.
The media focus and comments by professionals like Charles Barkley is pushing a public narrative of guilty even if not charged with a crime. Barkley uses his situation to take a shot at the state of Alabama even though what he said is not even close to the truth.
JMHO
I have thought the coverage of this has been pretty fair to Brandon and Alabama to be honest. A young lady did lose her life in all of this and she is the real victim her. I watched as everyone on College Gameday said that Miller SHOULD be playing and Alabama did the right thing by him.

It’s local hacks who ask players questions like do you own a gun. The fans in the stadiums are going to do what they are doing regardless of the media coverage, and I will say again the amount of coverage this has gotten is completely fair given the gravity of the situation.

Reactions: StablerCountry
JMHO

I think the Bama AD and the SID have not handled the matter well. They let the media set the narrative ahead of the facts and left Miller out to dry. Disgraceful IMO.

JMHO
at this point, what do they expect him to say.

I have thought the coverage of this has been pretty fair to Brandon and Alabama to be honest. A young lady did lose her life in all of this and she is the real victim her. I watched as everyone on College Gameday said that Miller SHOULD be playing and Alabama did the right thing by him.

It’s local hacks who ask players questions like do you own a gun. The fans in the stadiums are going to do what they are doing regardless of the media coverage, and I will say again the amount of coverage this has gotten is completely fair given the gravity of the situation.

It is still not 100% proven that her boyfriend shot after being shot at. He may be the first shooter. And Charles Barkley is local but he is also national. And his comments were not even close to on point and truthful. Miller is not charged with a crime but half the media and lots of people think he should be in jail. Its thought patterns like Miller is dealing with that has sent innocent people to jail for years. The media has not focus on the victim or actual shooter. Just on Miller because he is still playing and so good. No the coverage left being fair about three weeks ago.

It is still not 100% proven that her boyfriend shot after being shot at. He may be the first shooter. And Charles Barkley is local but he is also national. And his comments were not even close to on point and truthful. Miller is not charged with a crime but half the media and lots of people think he should be in jail. Its thought patterns like Miller is dealing with that has sent innocent people to jail for years. The media has not focus on the victim or actual shooter. Just on Miller because he is still playing and so good. No the coverage left being fair about three weeks ago.
It’s a tough situation all around. I haven’t seen Barkley’s comments and I know there are people in the media who don’t think Miller shouldn’t be playing. I haven’t seen anyone say he should be in jail but no doubt there are some media people who feel this way.

Like I told me son who complained that they bring up the story before every Bama game, it’s a huge story that surrounds this program. It’s not going away anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT