ADVERTISEMENT

Investigator reveals Brandon Miller was on-scene for fatal shooting

Investigators believe that Miles and Davis lied about Davis' involvement in the shooting, but noted Miller's account of the events exactly matched what they garnered through video evidence and other witness testimony.

Sounds like Miller got lucky here and was bailed out by being honest and video backing it up. Not too many years ago, before our current surveillance state, he would have been arrested alongside Miles and Davis and likely had to go to trial to clear up the fact that he was at worst only indirectly involved.

Sadly Miles situation sounds a lot worse from reading this but admittedly I don't know enough about how this will translate when this process gets to the trial stage. He may get life or something very close to it.

Reactions: cpat4bama
This story goes in a little more detail. Good thing Miller told the truth.

Miles is an idiot for sure going by what's in this article. Lied about most of it until video proved him wrong. His buddy Davis likely won't ever see light of day outside of prison.

Miller could have very easily been booked alongside them as the one with the vehicle that brought the gun to the event and he helped block the victims car... smh.

Bradley was there too.

When this trial happens it will be a media circus.

I didn’t understand the charge against Miles before the hearing. Now I really don’t understand the charge against Miles. I would have to see the video. I understand the charge against Davis.

The evidence of the incident, as testified gives me a lot of concerns, as a defense attorney. I would like to see if there was a blood tox report on Davis. Did I get it right that Miller and Bradley blocked the boyfriends vehicle? It appears Davis grabbed the gun from the back seat of Miller’s car, as opposed to Miles handing him the gun. What in the heck were Miles, Bradley and Miller thinking?

This is not good for Bama Basketball. I really need to see the video and I get the idea that I really will not like what I see. I am not saying that Bradley, Miller and even Miles should be charged, I’m saying at this stage that I do not like what I read. Further, I have concerns about the Police officer and the affidavit. Why did he not give a truthful affidavit? Officers are taught to give the magistrate all appropriate facts, which this officer did not, and he had seen the video prior to the Miles arrest.

I think the officer has some explaining to do. I think Miller and Bradley owe Coach Oats and the team an explanation. Now I think I understand the team performance against Miss State and Oklahoma.

Last edited:
This absolutely changes the way I'll watch this team the rest of the season! Do I want this team to win it all? Of course I do, but Brandon Miller and Bradley are idiots to say the least! How can you be a top 5 projected pick and make a decision like this! And i dont want to hear the whole he's 19, because i ran the streets back in the day too, but knew when to leave certain areas and tell people no when it sounded sketchy! It just seems as though Bama Bball always has an asterisk with a good team! Unbelievable!

If the reports are accurate, this doesn't end well for Miller and potentially Bradley. Regional media is already running with the updated info and I'm sure national media will follow.

If we are being honest, they would both deserve to be charged absent a complete misrepresentation in that article.

If the reports are accurate, this doesn't end well for Miller and potentially Bradley. Regional media is already running with the updated info and I'm sure national media will follow.

If we are being honest, they would both deserve to be charged absent a complete misrepresentation in that article.
The Tuscaloosa police chief said there's nothing that Miller can be charged with. He made a stupid decision, but that's not a crime. The media, especially the hacks at al.com, will sensationalize it. Nothing will happen to Bradley or Miller as a result of this incident.

Yeah, Oats comments are being used by the national media to effectively crucify him and Miller. Should've probably stuck with something generic like trusting the authorities involved to handle it and all he can do is help the team get ready for tomorrow's game. If we want to keep Oats the blowback on this may make it a lot easier to do.

The social media mess spinning out of this today is going to be a shitshow until well after the season. At the rate its going some of the national pundits will be demanding the NCAA not allow us in the tournament before the SEC tourney tips off.

The the thing saving Miller here is he apparently told the truth of his involvement and it was backed up by dashcams, security cameras, and txt messages he received that night. That's not going to be good enough for the courts of social media.

The Tuscaloosa police chief said there's nothing that Miller can be charged with. He made a stupid decision, but that's not a crime. The media, especially the hacks at al.com, will sensationalize it. Nothing will happen to Bradley or Miller as a result of thi

The Tuscaloosa police chief said there's nothing that Miller can be charged with. He made a stupid decision, but that's not a crime. The media, especially the hacks at al.com, will sensationalize it. Nothing will happen to Bradley or Miller as a result of this incident.
True. Media will slant these stories to fit a narrative; that's why I caveated my comments.

Righto about al.com. Anything bad about UA and UA sports is magnified considerably. I hate em for it.

Reactions: jtr4dad
This thread is hypocrisy at its finest. Were this ANY other school, every one of you would be screaming about how bad all of this is. Calling for suspensions and heads to roll. God forbid it were another SEC team. But nope, it's Bama, so nothing to see here. Every single person in this thread should be ashamed and work on their self awareness. Flame away, hypocrites.

This thread is hypocrisy at its finest. Were this ANY other school, every one of you would be screaming about how bad all of this is. Calling for suspensions and heads to roll. God forbid it were another SEC team. But nope, it's Bama, so nothing to see here. Every single person in this thread should be ashamed and work on their self awareness. Flame away, hypocrites.
It's a discussion tough guy and not everyone is advocating for the program.

Been thinking about this a lot…New Mexico State suspended their program for less disturbing issues. I think about what if I was the murdered girls parent…how would I feel about Miller and Bradley? Oats should have done more…is it too late for Oats to have done what he should have done when this first happened? It is never too late to do the right thing. I wish they both could have been charged with something and that both were given the boot. But nothing will happen and both guys will most likely be gone next season…so we will just move on and pray for the victim, the victims family and pray that someone learned something from this senseless murder. I’ve lost interest.

Been thinking about this a lot…New Mexico State suspended their program for less disturbing issues. I think about what if I was the murdered girls parent…how would I feel about Miller and Bradley? Oats should have done more…is it too late for Oats to have done what he should have done when this first happened? It is never too late to do the right thing. I wish they both could have been charged with something and that both were given the boot. But nothing will happen and both guys will most likely be gone next season…so we will just move on and pray for the victim, the victims family and pray that someone learned something from this senseless murder. I’ve lost interest.
The Tuscaloosa PD conducted an exhausting and thorough investigation and determined that there is nothing to charge Bradley or Miller with, yet you wish they had been charged with something anyway? You don't have access to any of the evidence, but you want 2 players that the Tuscaloosa PD has exonerated to be kicked off the team. Both guys exercised poor judgement, but that's not a crime. Investigators also noted that Miller was honest and forthright when interviewed about what transpired that night. He didn't know that the gun was going to be used to shoot someone.

Hypocrisy is a way of life ,fellow Bama fan. You are right. Auburn or Tennessee would feel our self righteous wrath. But, I'm not ashamed. Just a human , with denial of my true and imperfect self. It's exhausting.

Last edited:
I feel like there are missing details. Otherwise I’m shocked Nate felt sweeping this under the rug was the proper course of action.

Reactions: Codie B
The Tuscaloosa PD conducted an exhausting and thorough investigation and determined that there is nothing to charge Bradley or Miller with, yet you wish they had been charged with something anyway? You don't have access to any of the evidence, but you want 2 players that the Tuscaloosa PD has exonerated to be kicked off the team. Both guys exercised poor judgement, but that's not a crime. Investigators also noted that Miller was honest and forthright when interviewed about what transpired that night. He didn't know that the gun was going to be used to shoot someone.
That Miller said he didn’t know is most likely BS…poor judgment is not a crime itself but it is exercised in every crime…I know.that there is not a crime to cover the crime for what his poor judgement led to but i wish there was.

Reactions: Codie B
This was also released, I can't find the other article that said it was in miller's car already from Miles and Davis riding in his car. Miller came and dropped it off to him because miller was headed home because he didn't want to wait to get into the club they were all going to. This is the ones I did find about the situation "Miller dropped Miles off at the club but did not stay because the line was too long", this is the other "Miles and Davis walked to Miller’s car and got something - believed to be the gun - out of the back seat. Culpepper said Miles had texted Miller saying, “I need my joint,” which is slang for a gun, police said". Those quotes were on AL.com.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
I love Bama BB, and this team has the best chance, imop, to make noise in the tournament as any since ‘87, but this is MUCH worse than I even possibly imagined. What in the world is Miller thinking? Forget having more to look forward to than 99.99% of the people in the country, what kind of person gets a phone call from a drunken friend to deliver a loaded gun and actually gets in his car and delivers it? Then helps block in a car with another teammate (Bradley), so they can’t escape? Who does that? Any decent human, friend or not, says “get out of there, and if you feel threatened, contact the police, but the last thing I am going to do is bring you a frickin loaded gun, and help you block in a car to ambush somebody.” He didn’t know or think he was going to use it? That couldn’t be a dumber excuse. What is Miles doing calling someone for a loaded frickin gun to be delivered? Who does that? I figured it was two drunk bad human beings shooting it out that already were carrying guns. I am not a lawyer, but this is premeditated. It sounds as though Davis started it, and then had plenty of time to think about it while he waited for a loaded gun to be delivered, and then planned an ambush with the help of Miles, Miller, and Bradley. If that is actually true, imop, Davis should get the death penalty, Miles should get life, and I can’t believe we live with laws where Miller and Bradley don’t do real jail time. If Oats knew all this information before it was released, he should be fired for not throwing those two off the team immediately. I can’t believe they are not in jail too, but they should be immediately removed from the team. I am sorry, but if this story came out from any other school in the country, I would be amazed that we all would not feel the same way of disgust and outrage. This just really saddens and sours me.

Reactions: TideFan35
So you want to ruin two people's lives that didn't commit a crime, so the media won't jump on Bama in the Press and you have to go to work and face Auburn/UGA fans? Or you have to hide on Social Media? We have a " Legal System" and not a Justice System. Legally, they are not guilty of anything.

We only know snippets of what happened, and people are willing to kill the program. smh!

Last edited:

This. Too many people wanting to pass judgement over this hearing and the article wrote about it. Everyone must think the Tuscaloosa PD and the Bama program are conspiring to cover up Miller and Bradley involvement. If there are crimes these two should be charged with, I have no doubt the Tuscaloosa DA will do it. So CNO did not speak the exact words a lot of you think he should say. I am amazed at some response's on here.

This. Too many people wanting to pass judgement over this hearing and the article wrote about it. Everyone must think the Tuscaloosa PD and the Bama program are conspiring to cover up Miller and Bradley involvement. If there are crimes these two should be charged with, I have no doubt the Tuscaloosa DA will do it. So CNO did not speak the exact words a lot of you think he should say. I am amazed at some response's on here.
This!

We've got a "hot mess" and Oats inept comments didn't/doesn't help the situation. What worries me more is what other little evidentiary tidbits that we don't know? If said evidence does not match the "black letter law" elements, then the individual can't be charged with a crime because the law doesn't exist. I'll wait.

I knew this was coming right after I watched the video of how he handled this. Terrible choice of words by him and this will likely follow the team the rest of the season.
Yup Oats dug himself a whole with this one.

Yup Oats dug himself a whole with this one.

Thing is he didn't know the shooting was gonna happen nor was he around when it did happen. Miles and Davis rode with miller and they were going to a club. Miller left because line was to long. Miles calls him because he left his gun in miller's car. Dash cam and surveillance shows Miller was not around during the shooting, which is what he told police and police confirmed from video footage. He was walking around with Miles before the shooting but was not around when it happened. Miles and Davis retrieved Miles gun from miller's car, which he brought back because it was Miles. The media ran with the story before all the facts where out there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT