ADVERTISEMENT

I've a question about Women's Bball and Women's sports in general......

rollem

All American
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2004
Huntsville, Alabama
Do you think a player's weight should be included along with their height? Why or why not?

It hit me again while looking at our Women's basketball roster. I asked my wife (who is not a sports fan) and she doesn't think its offensive to women who are athletes. She did say overweight women are sensitive about their weight, but overweight men can be sensitive about it also.

I'd like to hear from our women posters also.

I know you're not supposed to answer a question with a question, but I'll break ranks and give it a stab:
Is the weight relevant?

For example:
Weight is emphasized in football (size matters), wrestling, and boxing because matches are assigned according to weight class. Basketball places value on height and wing span; while softball emphasizes power and speed. JMO

Reactions: rollem
Good point considering football, however all men's sports list height and weight--yet to see a roster that doesn't. Weights are important in men's bball and baseball, pro, college and high school--maybe not as important as football but important nonetheless. thanks for the opinion, hadn't thought about that aspect.

I've looked at the women's team and I don't think there is a young lady on the team with a weight problem.

Reactions: xcop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT