ADVERTISEMENT

Jay G. Tate, from some worthless barner board, says that Bruce Pearl is the college basketball equivalent of (wait for it, wait.for.it)..........

That's a stretch to say the least, but the guy is undoubtedly one of the top 5 coaches in the game.

Easy big fella! Top 5 coach is a stretch, he's good, but not Bill Self, Mike Krzyzewski, John Calipari, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Mark Few,
Jay Wright, Tony Bennett or Jim Boeheim good and I probably missed a few

Easy big fella! Top 5 coach is a stretch, he's good, but not Bill Self, Mike Krzyzewski, John Calipari, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Mark Few,
Jay Wright, Tony Bennett or Jim Boeheim good and I probably missed a few
I would take him over everyone here but Coach K, Wright, and Cal. He is better than Few. Bennett offense is way too boring; the game has passed Williams and Boeheim. Bill Self is way overrated and Izzo is old and probably belongs in jail.

I would take him over everyone here but Coach K, Wright, and Cal. He is better than Few. Bennett offense is way too boring; the game has passed Williams and Boeheim. Bill Self is way overrated and Izzo is old and probably belongs in jail.

You were prepared for a comeback Goat! Pearl is in a pile of good coaches...not sure you can separate them by rankings. Until one of the pile wins a national championship they are just in a pile. But to compare someone from the pile to CNS is absurd, foolish, reckless and just plain ignorant. In football terms it’s like comparing the former Boise St./ Washington HC (can’t remember his name) to CNS and that’s just BS.

You were prepared for a comeback Goat! Pearl is in a pile of good coaches...not sure you can separate them by rankings. Until one of the pile wins a national championship they are just in a pile. But to compare someone from the pile to CNS is absurd, foolish, reckless and just plain ignorant. In football terms it’s like comparing the former Boise St./ Washington HC (can’t remember his name) to CNS and that’s just BS.
I agree with this, I wouldn't even compare Coach Cal to Saban and he's won a couple.

Link or his reasoning?
Boy, I’d like to see that as well. I haven’t written anything even approaching that. Ever. Saban and Pearl have almost nothing in common aside from being elite recruiters.

FWIW, I spent a good 10 minutes with Mick G. the other day saying a whole lot of nice things about Saban, Nate Oats and JD Davison. I guess he hasn’t posted it yet?

Boy, I’d like to see that as well. I haven’t written anything even approaching that. Ever. Saban and Pearl have almost nothing in common aside from being elite recruiters.

FWIW, I spent a good 10 minutes with Mick G. the other day saying a whole lot of nice things about Saban, Nate Oats and JD Davison. I guess he hasn’t posted it yet?
Thanks for posting here Jay, Always like to hear what your contemplating.

i would take our women`s coach over him.

Reactions: jtr4dad and xcop
Thanks for posting here Jay, Always like to hear what your contemplating.
Appreciate it. Some Auburn people talk mad junk about the Tide. I don’t. My experiences with Saban, in particular, have been excellent. He’s great for reporters — assuming you know what to ask him. Just don’t come to him with weak stuff and he’s great.

Appreciate it. Some Auburn people talk mad junk about the Tide. I don’t. My experiences with Saban, in particular, have been excellent. He’s great for reporters — assuming you know what to ask him. Just don’t come to him with weak stuff and he’s great.
You mean...
I was responded to by Jay G Tate? Awesome! Love your spots on 740 in Montgomery with Bammer Russell

Will you autograph my post?

Reactions: terp john
The carnival barker is a good coach, but a far cry from elite... When the NCAA finishes with the barn and that sweaty fraud they’ll be back to the worst program in the SEC

Reactions: terp john
The carnival barker is a good coach, but a far cry from elite... When the NCAA finishes with the barn and that sweaty fraud they’ll be back to the worst program in the SEC
I know he's at Auburn and Bama fans are supposed to hate all things Auburn, but the guy is an elite coach.

he can recruit because he cheats. he is not that good of coach.
And you think Alabama football and basketball players that come from next to nothing are just lucky to end up with Chargers and Other nice rides.

He can recruit because he turned Auburn around with a bunch of 3-star players. He can recruit because he's good at it, not different than Saban being good a recruiting.

His biggest transgression was that he lied to the NCAA about a BBQ that would have been a minor violation had he just been honest. For all this stuff about agents, remember that Sexton was caught up in that thing as well.

I don't cast stones because I know there are no squeaky clean programs out there, definitely not at the big time college sports level.

He has had issues at every stop even as a student manager at BC

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...rn-lowa-deon-thomas-wire-milwaukee-violations

He is a serial cheat
biggest thing i dislike about the mighty pearl is he sneched out another coach while up north/ while he was doing the same thing. kinda like fat ass phil

i went to maxwell federal prison for 2 reasons

people cut deals and snected me out
i would not tell shit on anybody else

need less to say--i dislike snitches.

No way is he top 5 ... unless you give him extra points for trying hard / CHEATING HIS ASS OFF.

Coach K
Roy WIlliams
Jay Wright
Tom Izzo
Bill Self
John Calipari
Tony Bennent
Mark Few
Chris Beard
Dana Altman
Leonard Hamilton

Given time I am sure I could think of more ..... I think we have a guy in Tuscaloosa who is going to prove to be better and not have to cheat .... most schools would have fired him by now .... but AU still basking in a final four.

He has had issues at every stop even as a student manager at BC

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...rn-lowa-deon-thomas-wire-milwaukee-violations

He is a serial cheat
biggest thing i dislike about the mighty pearl is he sneched out another coach while up north/ while he was doing the same thing. kinda like fat ass phil

i went to maxwell federal prison for 2 reasons

people cut deals and snected me out
i would not tell shit on anybody else

need less to say--i dislike snitches.
I've read this article before; he was never been proven to have committed any major violations. He recorded a kid who took a large sum of money from a rival, and after finding out the kid tried to, and unsuccessfully claim he was doing the same. He did commit a couple of minor violations. Every stop with him there were minor violations; Alabama football reports minor violations every single year.

Pearl is a hell of a coach; I consider him top 10 easy and around that top 5. So what if he was a snitch, that has nothing to do with his coaching ability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT